Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2003 3:59:43 PM EDT
OOps...  Think I originally posted this in the wrong forum.  Here it goes again!

Hello,

I wanted to get the take on these two kits.  I am looking to build a 24" Varmit on a RRA lower.  I was curious what everyone thought of these two kits?

I like the options availible with the JT but the M & A comes with a Wilson match grade barrel.  I am not as familiar with the Shaw.  Anyway, lookin for the highest qualitly for around 700.

Sorry if this is a redundant thread!!  I did some searches and found JT vs model1 but not much on M&A.

Thanks so much!

Scott
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:20:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I can tell you I just ordered a kit from JT, and I have to say the prices are good.  The Shaw barrels, well the company has been making hunting rifle pro barrels for a long time.  But I had one gripe, and that was I made the order, two weeks later I still had nothing from them but a order verification, I finally called and they said, " well 6 pos. stocks are back ordered two weeks so we are not gonna ship your order for another 2-3 weeks." So a total of 5 weeks to get my order! Of course I wasnt cool with that so I am having them ship the kit without the 6 pos. and send that later.  So I think prices were good I would say dont worry on the barrel, just dont plan on immediate delivery!

Nosler
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Got 2 M&A kits in April.  Arrived 2 days later.

Look great and function flawlessly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I ordered a kit from J+T maybe a year ago and was extremely satisfied with the quality of the parts but especially the customer service. They're good, decent people to deal with. I wound up returning a part because of a mistake made on MY part and they did the right thing, no questions asked. They could have told me to go screw myself and I wouldn't have had a thing to say as the screw up was my fault. That one experience made me loyal to them more than any amount of advertising ever could.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a original M60 E3 short barrel in the wrap from J&T. I was assured by Jack's son it was an original short Navy Seal barrel in the original GI wrap. Well it didn't work on my M60E3. The late Mr. Weaver IDed the barrel by the  SACO number as a long M60E3 barrel that was cut down. The gas port was never enlarged to E3 spects. So much for selling original parts. I paid top dollar for that barrel and recieved a fake. Buyer beware!

Dane R. Marley
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Ordered an M&A Complete Upper and a few other parts on Monday, they arrived today (Friday) which was when Bill said they would.
Good finish and fit on the upper, nice and tight on my pre-ban Colt lower.
I'd order from M&A again.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 12:03:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I bought a original M60 E3 short barrel in the wrap from J&T. I was assured by Jack's son it was an original short Navy Seal barrel in the original GI wrap. Well it didn't work on my M60E3. The late Mr. Weaver IDed the barrel by the  SACO number as a long M60E3 barrel that was cut down. The gas port was never enlarged to E3 spects. So much for selling original parts. I paid top dollar for that barrel and recieved a fake. Buyer beware!

Dane R. Marley
View Quote

Did you ever let J&T know???

More than likely they sold you what they were sold.  I honestly believe that they wouldn't purposely try and defraud you.  I would be interested in hearing what they had to say.

I have had nothing but excellent customer service and products from them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top