Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2003 1:58:19 AM EDT
Does anyone know if this barrel has a chrome lined bore.  I know Colt usually only chromes the bore of military profile barrels and only chrome lines the chambers of most others.  

This is the lightweight profile barrel with a 1/7 twist.  I want to have an upper built with this barrel, but only if the bore is chrome lined.

Also, does this barrel have M4 feed cuts?  

Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
You dont know much. I never had a Colt barrel that wasnt chrome all the way thru. I beleive the upper has the cuts.
GG
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
GG,

Colt stopped Chrome the barrels of their civilian (postban) rifles a few years ago.

Knightone - It will be chrome throughout - wheather of not it has the cuts will depnds upon when it was assembled (barrel extension wise)
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks KevinB!  I guesss I will have to ask before I buy.

Guru, you're right I don't know much (at least about aspects of specific Colt barrels), that's why I asked the question.  Apparently you don't know much either, considering the answer we got from KevinB.  I've read many of your replies and I have read many of KevinB's.  I am more inclined to believe KevinB on most occasions.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:06:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
You dont know much.
View Quote

Another gem from GG. [:|]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
GG,

Colt stopped Chrome the barrels of their civilian (postban) rifles a few years ago.

Knightone - It will be chrome throughout - wheather of not it has the cuts will depnds upon when it was assembled (barrel extension wise)
View Quote

But they dont have chrome chambers either. I have never seen a Chrome chamber non chrome bore barrel from colt. Only hearsay.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
GG,

I would tend to agree with you there from logic, however I don't have any Colt barrels beyond the RO977, RO921, and 20" 1:7 "M16A4" upper (with M4 cuts) which are all milspec chromed.

Colt, at the SHOT SHOW, claimed [u]all[/u] their guns have Chrome chambers - I dont have one to disprove them so I am (reluctantly) taking them at their word.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 Colt 6520's that are both chrome lined bore & chamber. The rifles are preban of course. Not sure about the new ones. Both have M4 feed cuts.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 11:06:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I had the postban 16" 6731 model, chamber was chrome lined, bore was not.  I believe all thier postban models are like that, with the exception of the new M4 model and the accurized rifle.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:04:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Cool.  Thanks for the replies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top