Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2003 8:19:29 PM EDT
I have a RRA M4 with an A2 buttstock, but I prefer the look of the CAR stocks.  I have one, but unfortunately it's a preban one, so I can't install it on the M4 (since it's post-ban).  Is there a way for me to "pin" it to make it legal to install, or do I have to buy one from a dealer that is labeled as "post-ban"?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
If you permanently pin the collapsible stock, then it's legal.  Key word is 'permanently.'  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Right...  I should have been more clear:  exactly how is that done?  What's the best method(s?) to do it?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:03:24 PM EDT
[#3]
easier solution, sell the preban stock, and buy a postban CAR stock. there are a few for sale in the EE right now.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:15:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Right...  I should have been more clear:  exactly how is that done?  What's the best method(s?) to do it?
View Quote

If you do a search, you'll find a few posts on how to perm fix a CAR stock.Not too hard to do but it might be less of a hassle to get the postban version.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top