Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2003 5:18:47 PM EDT
I have been reading the posts on lightweight barrels and I need some info on a configuration I would like to have.

Here it is:

16" light wt. barrel chromelined
Flattop upper with mid-length handguards, like RRA has.

Does anyone know if these are made or would it be a build.

Thank you

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
WestWind, unfortunately, neither RRA nor Armalite make this config. If you don't mind 1/9" twist, you may want to contact CavArms. I think they're having some of the Midlength chromelined LW barrels made for their rifles.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 8:12:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks cap'n

I would settle for non chromelined.

Thank you
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:29:29 PM EDT
[#3]
I think OLY has a lightweight upper for sale...check their sight.

I know some of the "kit" places like Model 1 sell them.  I have the Model 1 catalog...$285 minus bolt/carrier, and charging handle.  1:9 twist, not chrome lined, with target crown.  CAR length handguards, though.  

You may have to do a little searching to find a chrome lined lighweight barrel...I've looked around a little, but haven't seen any.  
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Bushmaster sells light weight chrome lined pencil barrel assemblies.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#5]
16"light wt. barrel chromelined
Flattop upper with mid-length handguards, like RRA has.
View Quote

[b]You could just buy an Armalite mid length upper ,and have the barrel turned down.[/b]

[img]http://www.armalite.com/shared/images/a4carbine_topend.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top