Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/14/2003 11:44:02 AM EDT
I traded for a complete 16" bull barrel AR on a DPMS flat top with no front sight, forward assist or dust cover. It doesn't have a mark or scratch on it. The guy said he shot less than one hundred rounds through it. What I really wanted was an upper with the military looks like the dust cover forward assist,front sight and carry handle. If I put the upper for trade or sale to get an upper with what I want, does it sound like an even trade or is the bull barrel worth more? Or less? I could buy a front  sight and detachable carry handle but don't want to spend more money.Thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a full DPMS rifle with a 16" stainless bull barrel and it is indeed a tackdriver!

If you want the dust cover you will need a different upper if you have their "lo-pro" upper.

Is it the big fat about 1" diameter full length barrel?  Blue or SS?  Since this will not require a FFL to sell you could put it on the Equipment Exchange...

Generally barrels are all about the same price with the exception of chrome lined being a bit more, muzzle brakes add a bit, stainless steel adds a bit, etc. Fluting adds cost.

You have to meet up with someone who wants what you have.  The stepped down 14.5" and 16" M4 barrels seem to be particularly hot right now.

Tell us what you have and we can give you an estimate of its value, but what it is really worth is what someone will give you!

Important questions are:
Pre-ban / post-ban?
Free-float barrel?
Stainless or blue?
Actual diameter at muzzle and under handgards
Mussle brake or Flash hider?

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 3:16:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't taken off the handguards but the barrell appears the same diameter at both ends. The barrell is finished, same as the rest, not free floated, and has a regular crown at the end.The exit hole is somewhat recessed, then the end is flat until the rim where it extends out just a little. It is the .936 or close diameter barrell and not threaded. I am sure it is a post ban. Any help is appreciated.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top