Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 2:34:06 PM EDT
Maybe I am behind the curve, but I just saw a Lewis Machine and Tool M4 carbine stock for sale on Ebay,,item # 3617326595. It looks just like a Colt but it has a knurled stock release lever and a 5 postition tube. COOL!  I did not know they were selling these under their own name.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:08:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks just like a Colt.  Other stocks have the role pins too though, not just Colt.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:23:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say he is right on the LMT

it says LMT and it takes a COLT tube + it has the non-turning swivel.  Maybe there is hope yet (of getting the "Colt" style stock for cheaper).
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:06:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe Colt has been subcontracting LMT to manufacture their ribbed stocks all this time?  My Colt doesn't have markings like the older CAR stocks do, so who knows.  LMT might have made their own latch and are selling the stocks on their own... Just a thought.  

Either way its still a good stock at a good price (so far).  I like my VLTOR better.  
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Kisara, I believe Colt's been doing just that for quite a while. Actually, I think they've been doing it with more than just the stocks.

-Cap'n
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#5]
To think I paid $189 for the stock, tube, buffer, etc...[:(!]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:31:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I spoke with Mr. Lewis a couple of years ago and he told me at that time they were making parts for Colt. He would not elaborate on which parts. He is also working with Crane and has licensing in place to manufacture and sell the Crane stock to the consumer market. This info came directly from Crane.

Lynn
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:20:14 AM EDT
[#7]
All of the Ribbed/M4 stocks were originally design and manufactered by by Carl Lewis. LMT actually makes the stocks for other companies.

ls
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
 [?]  Any one have a link or address and phone number to LMT?  
 Thanks !!! [beer]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
 [?]  Any one have a link or address and phone number to LMT?  
 Thanks !!! [beer]
View Quote

http://www.lewismachine.net/

this website is very limited and they do not deal with retail sales to the public
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#10]
You Ain't kiddin' about that !!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top