Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 1:53:27 PM EDT
in anticipation of the ban on assault weapons running out, does anyone have any info on threading a barrel or is this something better left to the factory professionals............ I have a bushmaster XM15 E2S A3 upper I would like to thread
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a vice and two-piece barrel vice, all you need is a die and maybe an allignment tool.  I get all the die and allignment tool stuff from Precise Innovations in Idaho.  They used to be called Dyna Systems.
Many gunsmiths frown upon doing work like this, I've had my fair share of smiths thinking I'm making something illegal.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#2]
thanks for the response, I found their website and along with their instructions feel confident to do this upgrade myself..........thanks again
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top