Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/30/2003 12:14:51 PM EDT
Pressed on fake flash suppressor??? By whom? ADCO? How permanent?

TS
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
kurts kustom firearms has a (ffs) fake flash suppressor. The one that telescopes back over the barrel.

Most presssed on sleeves are easily removed with a little heat and some coaxing.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
RRA also offers a pressed on FFS on the M4 barrels. It has been noted, here, that their FFS can be removed, but the muzzle diameter will be too small to thread.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:27:26 PM EDT
[#3]
One guy has waited nine weeks for Kurt's to get his done.  No way I could wait that long.

TS
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 5:31:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
RRA also offers a pressed on FFS on the M4 barrels. It has been noted, here, that their FFS can be removed, but the muzzle diameter will be too small to thread.
View Quote

Barrel less than .50 inch under the FFS?  Can they be bought separately?  I don't know if I want to screw up a Colt 1/7 M4 barrel by making it incapable of being threaded.

TS
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 5:35:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
kurts kustom firearms has a (ffs) fake flash suppressor. The one that telescopes back over the barrel.

Most presssed on sleeves are easily removed with a little heat and some coaxing.
View Quote

Kurt puts threads farther back on the barrel for the "telescoping" FFS, it's not pressed on.

TS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top