Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/29/2003 7:46:52 PM EDT
Maybe you guys can help me decide what to do. Ya see, I have an Armalite M15A4(T) carbine with that UGLY and LOUD muzzle break that has to be cut off. It remains unfired but I've heard my friends go off and well, it's really LOUD. Tried to get the 24" upper from Armalite but after 4 months of waiting and still nothing, I cancelled (they really led me around the block when I asked them when it would arrive, oh well). I've been giving Rock RIver Arms the eye lately and can't decide if I should just get the RRA Varminter upper for my Armalite lower with an Armalite NM hinge pin (worried about fit and tightness since my present confiuration locks up tighter than a bank vault) or just get rid of the Armalite and buy a complete RRA Rifle. I know Armalite is good but have zero experience with RRA. Anyway, what do you guys think? Would the RRA upper and Armalite lower mate up nice and tight or would it be in my best interest to just get the RRA complete rifle? If I get just the RRA upper I'll sell the Armalite upper. Anyway, your thoughts are appreciated.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:47:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I still think what I originally posted is the way to go... [;)]

[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=169913[/url]
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:21:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Appreciate the advice. I really want to get rid of any and all muzzle breaks and go to the Wylde  chamber. I would also like a 20" barrel instead of the 16" it currently sports. I've played with the idea of a new barrel but some places that I've found to supply the barrel and install it want 600+ to procure and install as well as take 2-3 months to do the work. I'm going to contact your reference this morning and see what they can do for me. Once again, appreciate the advice (ps: the reason I moved my post here was I figured I would get some more repsonses). Once again, thanks and I'll keep you posted.
Aloha!
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:10:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Progun, I don't know about mating the Armalite lower and RRA upper and how they would fit, but I do know that you can't go wrong with buying a complete RRA varminter.  I've had mine for a couple of months now (20" 1:8), and with handloads, I managed a 3 shot .25" group.  Also got 5 shots in .6" with handloads.  I was very impressed, especially since this is my first gun.  The two-stage trigger is very nice too.  Best deal for the $$$ IMHO.  Shoots a lot better than I do.  Check out ADCO or SableCO for the best prices on an upper or complete rifle.  Good luck with whatever you decide on!

[sniper]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top