Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/26/2003 4:16:32 PM EDT
I occasionally make my way on to the Internet boards like AR15.com. I was browsing a few days back and noticed magpul industries had put up new pictures of the MSS stock. I was somewhat familiar with the design, having seen pictures of it before, reading comments of people about the stock. These new pictures convinced me I needed to look at this stock. I saw that Magpul was located in Boulder, CO, same town I go to school in (CU Boulder). On Tuesday I called Mr. Fitzpatrick up and asked if there was anytime I could come look at his stock, turns out their was, Thursday (Today) I went down to the shop where they make some of his stuff and checked the stock out. My first impression was this was a great piece of hardware! Mr. Fitzpatrick had two weapons that I could play with, one with his stock and one with the new Crane stock. While I was impressed by the Crane stock the MSS was just so much better. It had more adjustment, just as good, if not better, check weld, didn’t use the metal buffer tube (which gets damn cold during the winter) and was just better. The only con was the lack of battery storage, but he is working on that. I was convinced and practically drooling on the stock. I decided to buy one, but I didn’t come with cash, just expecting to check it out and think it over for a day or two before deciding I had to have it. Mr. Fitzpatrick said he would not only sell me a stock, he would give me a good price on it, throw in a sling adapter (one of the stocks’ best features IMHO) but I could pay him later!! At this point I was in shock, I’m not ever sure I remember to say thank you, although I do remember shaking his hand. If I didn’t, THANK YOU!!!!! His only conditions were that I finish USMC OCS (I’m in the PLC program, it is two separate trips to OCS before you are Commissioned as a Lt., I’m about to leave for my second) and become a good Marine Corps Officer. Sounded like a deal to me, something I was planning on doing anyway, so I walked out of their with the stock. I pay the man on Monday. If that isn’t the best I’ve ever been treated by someone who was trying to sell me something I would be surprised. I got home and installing the stock was a snap, removing the old stock was the hardest part. I didn’t even have to use the manual. I am amazed by how innovative the whole thing is; I took CAD/CAM for thee years so I can apericate how he solved some of the problems with the standard stock design and how the whole stock is just so “neat”. It’s a totally new aproch and I think it’s great. If you are thinking about buying one of the new Vltor/Crane stocks reconsider and buy the MSS stock. It’s more money but a far better deal. I just can’t wait for the battery storage solution he comes up with, should be good. Conclusions- Richard Fitzpatrick is an absolutely upstanding businessman and a gentleman and his product is top notch, do not hesitate to try it out.

Theo Martin
[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Truly the best customer service ever.  While waiting for the release of the stock I complained it was taking too long and I had no stock to use till his came out.  He IMed me privately and offered to send me at no charge a Colt 4 position collapseable stock till the Experimental stock came to market.  I was floored by his honesty and how trusting he was.  I declined the offer and waited for the Experimental unit.  I complained about every little thing I could find wrong with that stock and beat the hell out of it.  When the production stock came out he had fixed EVERY complaint I had in one way or another!  The M93 is truely WAY beyond any stock out there.  I will never own another brand of stock for any rifle I ever own.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Rich really is one helluva guy. The stocks not too bad either [:p]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 1:13:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 10:31:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have to put in my two cents here too.

Richard is outstanding in many ways, but something you don't see very often is dedication to customer service.  When it comes to customer service Richard surpasses all.  I was part of the group buy and every concern that I had he addressed PERSONALLY!  

I've never felt like the most important customer to a business, but with Richard I did.

Thanks to you and your team Richard, for all your hard work on MSS.

Sincerely and gratefully,
marm0t
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 11:35:15 PM EDT
[#5]
There are few companies that I haven't felt like I got hosed at. Magpul is one of them.
Every person with any sense about an AR-15/M-16 wants to fondle my rifle now that it has that stock on it. I could have easily recouped my money on many occasions by selling either my experimental or the final version of the stock.
I've decided to keep both though. I've hit both of them up with a fine file, and cleaned up the molding. Although I'm still awaiting the release of the rubber butt plate and the variable cheek weld attachment, I am VERY pleased with the product.
Other firearm companies that I hold in the same light as Magpul are Lou Alessi's holsters, Mike Z. PR direction at Crimson Trace and Ernest Langdon at LTT.
-Steve
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I gotta throw in my, "Rich is a hell of a guy" as well. He's great to deal with.
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 1:45:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Stated that Rick is a great ar15er , his M93 is the best AR stock I've never had and his customer service rocks .

I like it because is rock solid , I like the multipositioning , the tail strike plate and the rails on both sides for positioning the QD sling and spare batteries/stuff tail section ( to be ready in few weeks ....., hey Rick you remember I want #4 of these ? ) .

PP out
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#8]
ditto on the above - rich is a great guy to talk and deal with! he's nice enough to take time out to answer questions and discuss design philosophy with curious AR15'ners :-)
cheers,
MM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top