Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2003 4:53:48 PM EDT
Picked it up today and fired about 100rnds though it,very sweeet.It has got to have the nicest stock trigger of any firearm I have ever tried.Zero within 10rnds.One click to the right windage,four clicks up elevation.One ragged hole at 25yrds,2-3" at 100yrds(although that is about the best I can do with open sights).Cant wait to scope this puppy.However dont like the new hardcase they ship in now,and what the hell is up with the cheapass blued steel ten round mag they ship with now.Did bushmaster buy the tooling for that pos from USA mag when they went under.oh well they could have kept the mag and case as far as I am concerned cause of the trigger they put on it.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to hear you like it! I just got the same thing with Gov't barrel and love it more than my carbine now [:)]

Link Posted: 6/28/2003 4:10:33 AM EDT
[#2]
The availability of the 20" "government profile" barrel is converting lots of folks to the M16-length barrel.  Problem earlier was all those horrible HBAR barrels with all the excess weight.  Fine for shooting off sandbags or the bench, but slow and tiring in the field.

Bushmaster, like everyone else, is bound by the 1994 Crime Bill which forbids all but [i]elite civilians[/i] from having new magazines holding more than 10 rounds.  Many of these 10-rounders will only take 9 as folks are paranoid an 11th will fit in.  

Trash the 10 round magazine, or save as a momento.  Get some USGI magazines.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Got mine in January, it came with what appears to be a USGI Aluminum 30 rounder with a green follower.  It looks like they chopped the body in half and blocked it to a 10 rnds with Bushmaster logo on the black plastic block/floorplate.  Also has month and year stamped on side (11,02).  The mag works as well as any USGI, just sucks that it can only hold 10rnds.

Anyone else get a blued POS mag?  I'm wondering if Bushmaster stuck it in there or if the dealer switched them out...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top