Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:48:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool, thanks for the update [:)]
[img]www.ultramag50.com/ultramag50upperside.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#2]
The SPR Killer!
[img]http://www.ultramag50.com/frontpage.jpg[/img]

PS- Duffy, I can see you owning one soon...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting.... VERY interesting.

Will the ATF allow that?  I mean, I thought a "receiver" is something that can hold a magazine?????  (Sorry)
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#4]
RE: Kaliburz - Remember that on the original AR10's it was the upper that was the serial numbered part...

But Seriously - this thing needs a much longer barrel. - 18 Inches - Hell my 223 has 20" - Get real - it needs 24-28" just to make use of a BMG's case capacity. - I'd like to see a night shot with out that "Break" - can you say SuperNova!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Holy shit!
Wouldn't that thing beat the shit out of those two dinky receiver pins? [noclue]
For anyone who is thinking about it, no your collapsible stock won't be a good idea with that mofo. Not unless you don't mind the self collapsing feature during recoil.
You would save money with this thing in ammo consumption, because I doubt you could get thru 20 rounds without seriously regretting it. Or, is that componsator, "...that good?"
I agree that the barrel should be longer. The added weight alone would be a plus. Flute it if you're a glutton for punishment.
-Steve
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:58:19 AM EDT
[#6]
The recoil is very light for a .50 bmg upper - really - the muzzle brake is very effective at its job. As far as the pins go its best to have a tight fitting pins. Any play between upper and lower can be fixed with a accuwegde thats properly installed.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
RE: Kaliburz - Remember that on the original AR10's it was the upper that was the serial numbered part...

But Seriously - this thing needs a much longer barrel. - 18 Inches - Hell my 223 has 20" - Get real - it needs 24-28" just to make use of a BMG's case capacity. - I'd like to see a night shot with out that "Break" - can you say SuperNova!
View Quote

Nope, don't remember that..... not old enough. [:D]   But still, I was under the impression that what part that accepted the magazine was classified as the frame/receiver and required the SN?  Oh well.... hopefully I'm wrong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top