Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 7:48:39 AM EDT
To my surprise, a non-descript USPS box came in the mail this weekend.  Not remembering I asked to be put on the waiting list for a John Holliger AR-15 trigger, I didn't know what it was till I opened it up.

The trigger is a modified RRA national match trigger.  The instructions were clear and had step-by-step safety checks.  Replacing the old trigger with the new Holliger trigger took 7 minutes.

I own an Anschutz rifle, so I have felt how good triggers can get.  In my humble opinion, the John Holliger trigger is excellent.  It feels to be about 4.5lbs, with a very crisp break with little overtravel.  In short, I love it, and at around $120 + shipping, it seems like a great value.

I'll be sending my check today to John and hitting the range on Tuesday.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#1]
John is the man with the RRAs triggers he reworks. I have felt RRAs tirrges and they are quite good but Once john gets done with them it is like having a glass rod in your finger, you pull and it snaps cleanly. Best bang for the buck out there in my opinion.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:45:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been using one for several months and agree with your review completely. It is a fine trigger at a good price.
Ed
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:50:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I have two of John's triggers--one in an SPR, the other in an "M4gery", and they are outstanding. John takes the already-excellent RRA match trigger, and works a lilltle extra magic on it. They are a great value for the money.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:14:31 PM EDT
[#4]
I ordered one a while ago for my SPR project. It didn't get here in time, so I picked up a KAC at a reasonable price.  The Holliger tuned RRA arrived today.  Dropping it into a Bushmaster lower, I am quite pleased.

In comparison to the Knight's trigger, the first stage is a little less consistent, but the letoff is crisp and uniform.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:36:22 PM EDT
[#5]
I just received my package today - can't wait to put it in my Bushmaster Varminter, although that trigger is very good, so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top