Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 10:40:48 PM EDT
Hello. This is my final project. I figured I would try one more before the machines are gone. What do you guys think of the cosmetics of this unit? Would any of you want one if I do a small run of like 10 pcs?

Remember it is unfinished. It still needs permanent mounting of the tubing, sandblasting and finishing.

http://www.geocities.com/chris_knipstein/QD1.JPG

If pic does not show for you...go to this link
www.geocities.com/chris_knipstein/QD.html

[email protected]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:30:26 AM EDT
[#1]
hi chris,
i like it! would it be possible to space the holes closer, to emulate the real thing more accurately?
the MFI one is pretty darn close, but way expensive: [url]http://www.mfiap.com/airsoft/acce/m4-fake.htm[/url]
if you can make it look like that, i'd be interested on one.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#2]
What is the point?

The sound suppression is the reason the military uses these not because they need the look.

The only reason to buy one is if you could make it look very similar to the real can and make it fit over the barrel on an M4 like the one MFI makes. It makes your M4 look like a commando with KAC suppressor.

[b]For $150 you can get a aluminum Airsoft KAC replica that is perfect and has the real style locking mechanism but you would need to modify the suppressor by adding a inner tube so it would comply with BATF and not explode when you pulled the trigger.  You might also need to use a real $75 KAC Flash hider as the airsoft one is not threaded 1/2in x 28

$225 for the look

$975 plus tax stamp for the real deal[/b]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Well it's same the point in having so many rifles and handguns like we all do, it's not because we need them but because we want them.  I want to help Chris, and by doing so I get a cool toy, so much the better.  I think he charges very little for the quality and customer service he provides, folks like him are few and far between.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well it's same the point in having so many rifles and handguns like we all do, it's not because we need them but because we want them.  I want to help Chris, and by doing so I get a cool toy, so much the better.  I think he charges very little for the quality and customer service he provides, folks like him are few and far between.
View Quote

I wholeheartedly Agree!!!
[img]http://davkenrem.net/tsprcan3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:15:44 PM EDT
[#5]
dav I originally asked Chris to make me one that looks like yours (nice rifle and faux suppressor!), then I decided on the KAC QD model, I'll post pics once I get mine [:d]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:01:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Well...allot of work but it is done!

Any opinions now?

[img]www.geocities.com/chris_knipstein/QD5.JPG[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:59:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Can anyone post a pic of the real thing so we can get a side by side comparison?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/kmc_m4qd.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:55:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Very Cool. I should get one for my M4, how much are they Chris?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
dav I originally asked Chris to make me one that looks like yours (nice rifle and faux suppressor!), then I decided on the KAC QD model, I'll post pics once I get mine [:d]
View Quote

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top