Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/22/2003 8:19:13 PM EDT
I listed an AR upper for a friend of mine on eBay and got this e-mail from a buyer:
JUST THOUGHT YOU MIGHT LIKE TO KNOW SOMEONE IS SABOTAGING AUCTIONS AND
TRYING TO MAKE MONEY IN THE PROCESS. JZ

To: [email protected]
Subject: RRA Varmint Upper
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2003 18:23:57 PDT

To member:   bubbasguystuff
From member: glock_30

--------------------

For $10 I will tell you where to get a BRAND New RRA Varmint upper like you
are bidding on for $476.22

Now, I understand helping people out, but making  a profit at someone else's expense.. come on.  
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like he leads buyers to his own company after they pay up.
Really pathetic.
-Steve
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd say, report this to staff.

Let them decide from there, and accept their decision.

Of course, you are very eligible to contact ebay's Safe Harbor about this.  They will suspend the miscreant.

CJ
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:39:44 PM EDT
[#3]
report to staff!

IBTL
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 8:46:25 PM EDT
[#4]
How and who should I report this to?
Thanks again,
John
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:25:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Go to the home page, and go down to "about us" on the left side of the page. From there, just take your pick.
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#6]
That's a rather "see-through" tactic. Do ebay users fall for that sort of thing?
Link Posted: 6/22/2003 9:42:17 PM EDT
[#7]
On the Ebay homepage, go to "POLICIES" at the bottom of the page.  After clicking that, click on "Rules for Everyone" then "Unsolicited Email".  

Looks like a pretty clearcut violation occurred.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I just did a quick search on his username, and apparently the guy sells a lot of items on the Equipment Exchange.  I guess he likes to profit from his fellow members while at the same time screwing them out of their own sales.

Contact [email protected] or [email protected].

Since he's screwing you over on a different site (Ebay) I don't know what they can do to help.  But IMHO someone who uses tactics like that shouldn't be allowed to sell anything on AR15.com.  If he's doing it on Ebay, who says he wouldn't do something similar, or worse, here.  But that's just my $.02.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:35:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Wait wait wait....

Looks to me like Kuryakyn was just forwarding the email (possibly as an FYI to someone) and wasn't the source.

Can you clarify this before people start emailing admin about him?

Thanks,

Corey
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:48:06 AM EDT
[#10]
If people come on here and ask how much is something work or if they're overpaying, I'll gladly tell them if they're getting ripped off or not.  I've myself contacted people on E-bay before, but only after the auction ends and I'll contact the non winning bidders and let them know I have the same item before listing it sometimes.  I don't think that's a big deal either.  I actually got that e-mail from the winning bidder and it sounds like he's e-mailing people while they're still bidding.  I don't think AR15.com can really do anything about it though... it's probably more of an eBay problem.  I read a recent forum posting on here about a guy selling a Vltor stock on eBay and someone on here said they went ahead and e-mailed the people bidding on it overpaying.  Now that's almost like being in a gun shop and when a person is buying a gun, going up to him and without him asking for your help telling him the gun shop is priced too high and to go elsewhere.  I belive that it's up to the buyer to do his research before buying anything.  If you're too lazy to look up how much something retails for and normally sells for and you overpay, that's really you're own fault.  Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:58:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Corey has a good point...

Are you sure '[email protected]' is the one emailing the bidders, or is '[email protected]' emailing YOU to tell you about the sabotage???

Who are 'bubbasguystuff' and 'glock_30'???

Who is the seller, who is the buyer, who is the sabotager?  Please clarify this!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:03:35 AM EDT
[#12]
A link to the closed auction would help clarify things perhaps.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:10:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Wait wait wait....

Looks to me like Kuryakyn was just forwarding the email (possibly as an FYI to someone) and wasn't the source.

Can you clarify this before people start emailing admin about him?
View Quote

Look at it again. After the CAPS is the offending e-mail.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:13:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I don't like eBay anyway!

But if someone is going to put something for sale on there then someone else shouldn't be pulling that kind of crap!

Emailing the losing bidders and offering to sell them something is fine...after all they did lose the other sale.

If we didn't have eBay around then where would we find [s]SUCKAS[/s] uhm, I mean customers to buy stuff at [s]outrageous[/s] decent prices?[:D]

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:03:03 PM EDT
[#15]
almost over? thats the critical bidding period. i sell stuff on ebay, and would be pissed if someone was emailing my bidders, and directing them to their own sites to get it cheaper. its against ebay policies for one, and a fucked up thing to do in general.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:17:06 PM EDT
[#16]
johnuf78,

Please clarify just what's going on, who is who in this mess, and what you feel is being done wrong.

You've posted people's e-mail address', but I for one can't figure out who' who...
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 3:32:42 PM EDT
[#17]
[b]Kuryakyn[/b] did post on this thread a few hours ago saying he did do it, but he erased his post apparently.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Here's the way I'm reading the first post:

1. "Johnuf78" is selling an upper for a friend on eBay.
2. "Bubbasguystuff" is the high bidder.
3. "Kuryakyn" has e-mailed the high bidder ("Bubbasguystuff") and informed him of a better deal.
4. "Bubbasguystuff" sent e-mail to seller ("Johnuf78") with his own words capitalized and "Kuryakyn"'s words below in small print with the $10 offer.

Is this how everyone else sees it?
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Seems like that is the case M4....

In fairness I IM'd Kuryakyn with a link to this thread and he confirmed it.

Hmmmm.

[:|]
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:46:14 PM EDT
[#20]
M4, that's basically what happend.  Kuryakyn had a post that he erased that basically said it was all good because he didn't collect any money and that he only did it in the auction's final hours.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:22:12 PM EDT
[#21]
That's just fucked-up, pure and simple. I wouldn't sell to a guy who'd do something like this if they offered to pay 3 times what I was asking.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#22]

What a dirtbag.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:53:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Kick him off this board ![pound]

I sell on Ebay alot and would hate to find out he did this to me.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#24]
That's a pretty shitty thing to do!!
I would seriously think about...........
[chainsawkill]

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:36:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You guys are starting to sound like a bunch of whiny bitches,  I fucked up, it's done now get over it.
View Quote

wow u sound really remorseful of what you did.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:18:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You guys are starting to sound like a bunch of whiny bitches,  I fucked up, it's done now get over it.
View Quote

[slap]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:35:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, this sounds like a guy I want to buy stuff from. Anyone contact staff yet?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 5:58:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Kuryakyn-  For $10, I'll let you know where you can buy a f@cking clue...
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#29]
You didn't fuck up, you intentionally tried to high jack the guy's auction.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:03:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:14:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

We'll stop sounding like whiny bitches if you stop acting like one.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:51:13 AM EDT
[#32]
...whiny bitch?  I prefer to think of myself as a raging flea on a bull elephants' nuts!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

What a wonderful apology for being a sneaky, underhanded scumbag. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 11:04:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Two words of advice:

"Private Auction"

keeps people from 'helping themselves' to your bidders.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:30:22 PM EDT
[#35]
"Private Scumbag, I'm going to rip out your eyes and skull fuck you!!! Ass hole.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#36]
If you swear to god hope to die not to do it again I forgive you. Hey you should run for office of the mayor of a large city. If anybody knows anything about how thing work this guy does. ALL IS FAIR IN THE GAME OF LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#37]
What a total dickhead!

Just when you think that you've seen it all .... some jackass comes along and sets a new benchmark for how NOT to do business.

Don't suppose that KURYAKYN has any connection to RGUNS, do ya'?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#38]
They went to the same charm school.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#40]
AR15.com and jobrelatedstuff.com get filtered out by the network where I work. I come in during the day on mcuzi.com. Maybe GoatBoy should register another domain name for the site: backstabbers.com.

Seems pretty appropriate to me.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:21:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

So was the $10 worth your integrity???
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

So was the $10 worth your integrity???
View Quote

I think Tony's post pretty much sums it up.

Not only am I disappointed that this was done by an AR15.com Team member (or any member for that matter), but that Kuryakyn deleted his first post and then made the above quoted response.

johnuf78:  You should edit the Topic title to include the offenders screen name.  That way any searches for feedback on him will lead here.

Beekeeper:  Are there any rules governing the use of the AR15.com email account?  Just a thought.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Fuckin scumbag.  Never screw a brother in arms, it always comes back to you.  Your name is now worth shit on this board.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:44:08 AM EDT
[#44]
IIRC the VLTOR MOD stock on ebay thingy
began from 85 USD which seems reasonable..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top