Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 4:03:58 PM EDT
I'm ready to buy one now.I think i'm going to get the 50 from MSTN.Can i install the 50 without taking flash,gas block,and delta ring off?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:11:01 PM EDT
[#1]
All you need to do to install the #50 is remove your handguards.  It mounts to your A3 receiver rails.  

One of my favorite quotes from this site:

"A monkey can install a SIR M; a retarded monkey could install the SIR C."

It's really that easy.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
girard,

You won't be dissapointed with the SIR 50! [:D]

Just remove the hand guards and there will be 3 cross bolts on the receiver section and 4 screws fot the yoke which goes around the barrel nut.

Just put the receiver cross bolts in and lightly tighten them so that the SIR can still move.  

Pull back the delta ring drop in the yoke and tighten the 4 screws down.  

With the yoke tightend down now you can finsh tightening the cross bolts across the receiver.

Tightening down the the receiver section first might make it harder to get the screws in the barrel nut yoke.

Don't forget to use the loctite that comes with it.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 4:49:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds good thanks,butyou raised a question.Does the model 50 also come in M and C models?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Girard the 50 only comes in the C model, at least for now.  The C and M models both attach the same way with the barrel nut yoke so they both mount to the receiver just a good.

If anything I feel the C gives you more options because you can leave the delta ring on and switch to the hand guards,RIS, RAS,RAS2, etc...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top