Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2003 6:59:04 AM EDT
I have a chance to buy an upper from a friend.  Apparently, the upper was taken off a pre-ban rifle.  The upper has a detachable carry handle, flash suppressor, bayo lug, and government barre,i.e., thin barrel.  

Since the original rifle that it came off of had a collapsible stock, the rifle should've been pre 1994, right?
So, that makes this upper about 9 years old at the least, right?

He also states that when he received the rifle it was in like in new condition.  He also stated that he only fired about 60 rds through it and it has been basically stored since then.  But from what it sounds like it wasn't lubed and stored properly.

Okay, so let's say the upper is in good to great condition, how much would be a good price for it?  Or what other informations do you guys need in order to give a good estimate?
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:09:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Am I missing something??  Who is the manufacture of the gun???  that would also determine the price of the upper.

Storing an AR is not that big of a deal, so proper lube and storage procedure is not that big of a deal.  if it is one of the big three, you are looking around 400 dollars for the entire upper.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:20:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, pre-ban uppers are still being made today, so that upper isn't necessarily 9yrs old unless it was the original upper on a pre-ban lower.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:25:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Am I missing something??  Who is the manufacture of the gun???  that would also determine the price of the upper.

Storing an AR is not that big of a deal, so proper lube and storage procedure is not that big of a deal.  if it is one of the big three, you are looking around 400 dollars for the entire upper.
View Quote

LOL!  Uh, that would be kind of good to know, huh?!  It's a COLT.

The only reason I'm looking at this one is because I price checked a COLT upper with Specialized Armament Warehouse and those COLT uppers sure are expensive!  I'd thought I'd save a couple hundred this way.

I'm going to check it out this weekend, so I'll have more details then.  

Thanks.

Link Posted: 6/17/2003 9:29:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Offer him $250.  sell for more at the next gun show!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top