Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2003 3:51:05 AM EDT
Which one would you keep if you could only keep one:

A blue label Colt 6520 Government Carbine in like new condition but no box or accessories.

...or

A brand new still in sealed wrap Colt SP1 Carbine with the original accessories still sealed up along with the rifle?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 4:40:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep?

As to keep and never shoot?

The rifle sealed in wrap will probably be the most collectable -- in 30 years.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:26:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Over many, many years, I have found it very difficult to find a buyer willing to pay me "top dollar" for "collectables (NIB, all correct military/commercial accessories, "paper", etc.) because all my gun sales were forced on me by circumstance, and did not afford me the luxury of waiting out the months to find a buyer who recignized the value of what I had, and then was willing to pay.
So I feel that these were all sold for much less than they were worth.  In other words, I could have been shooting them (but keeping them in very good shape) and enjoying them a bit.
So what I am saying is examine the conditions in which you would put one of these up for sale.  Also consider that if the AWBan dies, some "desireable and conspicuously protruding" features will be legal again, and this will change the core value of many AR's.
ColdBlue sends...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top