Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/13/2003 2:19:33 AM EDT
So can you put an FS on a Post upper that you're going to put on a Preban lower? I've heard yes and no. I've also seen where people here have done it...so?

TIA,

TS
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
There is no such thing as a pre/post ban upper.

Rifles are pre/post ban not uppers.

On a pre-ban rifle (read: Lower) you can have all the evil features your state law allows - it doesn't matter when the upper receiver was manufactured.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 7:45:25 AM EDT
[#2]
The only thing you cant do is have 2 preban uppers mounted on a post lower and a preban upper.  Having the second preban upper (made with new preban parts) not attached to the postban lower and not even having a post ban upper is completely legal though.

You best bet judging from your other posts is to tell us what exactly you want to do and ask how to do it or if its legal or not if you already have an idea.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:36:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The only thing you cant do is have 2 preban uppers mounted on a post lower and a preban upper.  Having the second preban upper (made with new preban parts) not attached to the postban lower and not even having a post ban upper is completely legal though.

You best bet judging from your other posts is to tell us what exactly you want to do and ask how to do it or if its legal or not if you already have an idea.
View Quote

Most of my posts are unrelated...  I'm going to do one of the many things I've posted.  I have a post configured upper that I tried to get a 'smith to put an FS on.  Someone told him that it was illegal.  I took him only the upper.  And yes I have a preban lower. I just can't decide if I'm going to put it on my SP-1 lower.  The SP1 is a complete rifle.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 11:42:35 AM EDT
[#4]
DevL,

I guess you've seen my posts about M4 on SP1 lower, etc.  Here are my ideas.

1) Get an FS put on my MT6400 upper.  Put it on my SP1 lower and make a Preban M4.

2) Get an FS put on my MT6400 upper.  Buy a newer fenced all standard preban lower and make a preban M4.

3) Sell both SP1 Carbine (complete) and MT6400 (complete) and buy a preban M4.

TS
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#5]
1 or 2 is fine.  

If I had the money Id go route 2.

Whatever you do dont do 3.  Keep the SP1 complete.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
1 or 2 is fine.  

If I had the money Id go route 2.

Whatever you do dont do 3.  Keep the SP1 complete.
View Quote

I'm about as broke ass a guy you'll see.  However, as I've given up (sold) from five to eight prebans already, I most likely won't go with three.

TS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top