Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 7:35:10 PM EDT
What is everyones thoughts on barrel diameeers like the M4 being skinny under the handguards vs. the full length heavy barrel.  I'm referring to Bushmaster barrels.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 3:40:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I go out of my way to locate LW barrels or have them reprofiled.  The extra weight is absolutely not needed.  Now, if you're talking full-auto fire, the extra mass does help with barrel heating.  

Under most conditions, the only one who benefits from a heavy profiled barrel is the manufacturer... they're cheaper to produce...

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 4:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Light weight, is the way to go.
Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Does anyone have actual dimensions on the varying profiles and their diameters at critical points?

I ran across www.ar15barrels.com, but I have no way of confirming those are the various ABC manufacturer's dimensions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top