Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2003 11:55:34 AM EDT
Hello folks.

What is needed to remove Delta ring if I was going to install a SIR-M series forend? I hear dremels are good. I only have a drill and don't know if it would work.

Any recommendations?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:11:00 PM EDT
[#1]
A Dremel is good if you never want to use it again.  However, it's not all that hard to just remove the retaining clip and slide it off.

I don't know what all is nevessary in installing the M series, but if you're taking the barrel off, you might as well save the D-Ring.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:16:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Dremel.

Fast and easy. Delta ring only costs you a few bucks to get a new one.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#3]
You dont have to remove the barrel if you cut it off with a dremel.Just make two cuts in it and pull it off its realy simple

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:50:56 PM EDT
[#4]
So dremels > drills?

I'm not going to save Delta ring. Who needs a Delta ring when you have SIR installed anyway.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:18:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I think by "dremel", they mean using the "cut-off wheel" (thin, small, metal-cutting disks accessory on the dremel's rotating shaft) that can be used very carefully to "disect" the delta ring off in pieces.  But go very carefully, one slip and you will nick something inadvertently.
ColdBlue sends...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top