Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 10:01:50 PM EDT
And if the answer is Harris then which model?

By the way I almost never shoot from a bench.  I'll mostly be shooting prone.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't recall what the model # is of the one I have, but definately spend the extra $ to get a model that will tilt from side to side, so you can shoot from a surface that is not level.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:14:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Harris BR-S (stands for Bench Rest-Swivel) on my 16" target AR with free float tube (uses a regular swivel stud).  It can adjust from 6" to 9", which is enough for a 20 round USGI magazine (prone or bench).  

Most folks I see like the taller model, which has a height of 9" to 13".  I don't know if they use an adapter or not, or if they have some sort of freefloat tube.

The swivel feature is nice because you can adjust for uneven ground (perpendicular to your muzzle) without moving the legs.  

-Zmeja
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top