Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2003 4:21:04 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:54:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they are made by Hesse Arms. If that's the case, then you should stay away from them. I hear their products are garbage.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, I have one..

works great !.. never had a issue with it.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:23:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one, never had any problems. BTW the gun weighs 4lbs 6 oz.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=4286[/img]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:36:41 PM EDT
[#4]
WOW!

Two positive remarks about Hesse/Vulcan in one column!

I do believe this is a FIRST!
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:53:38 PM EDT
[#5]
I forgot to mention that the upper is also a Hesse aramid fiber.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I stand corrected. I'm pretty suprised considering their reputation.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 11:13:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Make sure you buy it stripped, because the receivers are sub contracted, but they fill it with the same old POS internals.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 12:41:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 6:10:01 PM EDT
[#9]
If you do choose to go this rout, please follow Combat_Jack's advice and buy it stripped.

I'm not really sure if they are worth messing with, I was intrigued when I saw the upper and lower at the gun show and had to try it out. They are lighter but they are not any cheaper.

The only complaints I have are the bolt catch spring hole was a little tight and the magwell was also a little tight. I just ran a drill bit in the spring hole by hand and used a small piece of 150 grit sandpaper inside the magwell.

If anyone has any specific questions I'll be glad to help.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#10]
I am going to get the stripped lower and put an RRA parts kit in it. I was still planning on getting a standard upper though... How is the carbon upper? Is it available with a dust cover? Aprox how much lighter is it compared to standard? Thanks so must for your input.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:05:33 PM EDT
[#11]
The upper isn't available with a dust cover or forward assist. If I remember correctly the upper only weighed about 4oz. Its been awhile since I weighed it so I am not sure. I don't know what a regular upper weighs.

Normally I would strip down the gun and weigh the parts but I feel kind of lazy these days and I don't feel like pulling the gastube out. Its a long story but I really screwed it up when I built the gun. It wasn't a problem with the upper, it was a problem with the front sight tower.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Thanks again, I think I’ll go with he standard upper, I like to have the dustcover and FA.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 9:57:05 PM EDT
[#13]
After some thinking I’ve decide that the carbon upper would be cool, do you know where I can get a stripped one?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:04:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought my upper off of auction arms, I got it for $90 if that helps. I see them at gunshows all the time now that I already have one and they sell for $90-$110 without shipping. I would imagine any dealer could order one for you, that is if they can stop making fun of you for ordering from Hesse!
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#15]
I have never heard a complaint about the recievers Hesse made.  Just the assembled products.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top