Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2003 5:14:27 PM EDT
I'm trying to get rid of a couple of handguns and someone offered me an Armalite/Eagle Arms upper.  I haven't seen one of these and I haven't been able to find any info on them.  

Can anybody give me any info on these?
Thanks in advance.
Scott

Edited to include Eagle Arms.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:50:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't know Armalite made a Predator upper.

Perhaps it was a Fulton Armory? I know they make one.

Good Shooting
Red
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Just got off the phone with Armalite.  They did make a Predator model rifle, but the guy couldn't tell me much about them other than it was a preban.

I'm still looking for info on these.  Please pass along anything you may know.
Thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
About ten years ago I had an EAGLE predator upper half...about the time that Eagle was transforming into Armalite.  It had an 18", 1and1/8" diameter, 1:8 stainless bbl, full length tubular forearm with the gas block at the CAR position inside the tube, and was front heavy, even with a balance wedge in the stock.  It was also available in a longer bbled model and a slower twist, IIRC.
It shot well, but I eventually got rid of it during the pre-Y2K days when I got an offer that I couldn't walk away from.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:26:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Sluggo,
Thanks for the info.  I really like the looks of the upper.  I can see how it would be front end heavy.  

Keeping my fingers crossed that this deal will work out.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a complete Eagle Arms Predator rifle. 24" stainless, 1-12, with a brake. Absolute tack driver. It really loves the 40 grain Nosler BT's and the Remington 55 HP PL's.

MOG
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 1:46:03 PM EDT
[#6]
MOG,
That's good to hear.  Could you possible post or send a picture?  Also, can you tell me what the diameter of the barrel is?

I just want to make sure I've got as much info on this upper before I agree to make this deal.  

It was Eagle Arms that made the Predator rifles/uppers, right?
Thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have a digital camera, so it might be awhile. I'll see what I can do.

I'll try to remember to measure the barrel tonight and post the info tomorrow.

Yes, Eagle Arms, (Now Armalite), made these rifles/uppers. In fact, you might be able to get quite a bit of info directly from Armalite. Give them a call or email them.

MOG
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks MOG!

I did call and email Armalite, even sent them a picture.  They were of little help.  The guy I talked to sounded new, but he did ask someone else about the Predator.  Apparently somebody said they had made this model in the past.  

As for the email, they said the barrel and handguard weren't theirs.  I haven't figured out how to post a picture yet, otherwise I'd just post it.  I've just been to lazy to do it.

I do have an email into Eagle Arms, don't know if it goes to the same people as Armalite or not.  I may try calling EA tomorrow.
Scott
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:23:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Scott,
I measured my barrel last night - .801"
Hope this helps.

MOG
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:37:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks MOG.  I think the barrel I'm looking at is bigger than that.  Kind of an unusual size for an AR.  

Looks as though this deal is going to happen.  Now I just have to find the right scope.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top