Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 9:47:34 AM EDT
So what is the best way for me to store my batteries in the Vltor mod stock tubes? Put mall pieces of cardboard between them so they do not touch? Or am I just thinking too much again.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Foam is good.  If you don't plan on pulling them out all the time, the liquid foam used for house insulation is great stuff as it will fill the cavity to fit.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#2]
i 2nd the foam.  i use some spare foam from the inserts from my tangodown battlegrip in my vltor modstock.  a bit at each end stops any movement of batteries inside.
cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Depending on how much gap you need to fill, but I use foam ear plugs, which seems to work perfectly.

ls
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 8:22:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Sound like I got the ratteling thing taken care of.

Is their an issue with the batteries running down by contacting each other?
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:17:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sound like I got the ratteling thing taken care of.

Is their an issue with the batteries running down by contacting each other?
View Quote

A complete circuit has to exist in order for any current to flow. A storage compartment on a Vltor stock is simply an open circuit, so your batteries will maintain their normal shelf life.

A complete circuit would exist (theoretically) if you tied a wire from the (+) terminal of the top battery to the (-) terminal of the bottom battery, creating a loop.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]
If you dont have extra foam sitting around, plastic baggies at the back of the tube work too.
Link Posted: 6/6/2003 9:56:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks guys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top