Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2003 1:35:19 PM EDT
i have a brand new rock river with a 20" stainless bull barrel. i would like to know if it can be ported? if so does anyone know who can do it?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Why port, as opposed to a muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#2]
i would like to keep that clean look to the barrel, have it made right into the gun. i don't plan on running through the jungle with this so i would like to keep it appeasing to the eye.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost any barrel can be ported. What benefits are you looking for by porting ? If your trying to lessen muzzle flip on rapid strings your going to need some good sized gashes in your barrel.( The same size you see in muzzle brakes.) Keep in mind with the negligible recoil of the AR, Muzzle brakes and the like on AR's are more for show than go.

Try these guys theve been doing it forever.
(WWW.magnaport.com)
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
thanks for the info! i will look them up.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#5]
kurt's kustom (see industry section here) offers kurt's 'standard brake' for 125 installed i think. it matches the barrel contour, looks sorta liek an extensively ported muzzle. maybe an option for you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top