Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 10:03:19 AM EDT
Can I swap out an A2 buttstock for an A1 without changing the buffer tube? I am finding my A2 Stock is too long. Also where can you get an A1 Buttstock in very good condition? I'm assuming they can't be had new?
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Go over to the Equipment Exchange section and look for any vendors selling Cavalry Arms stuff.  Cav Arms is mking duplicates of the A1 type stock, out of much more durable material than the originals.

You don't have to change your tube to make the changeover. Both A1s and A2s use the same tube; it's just that the A2 has a spacer to compensate for being longer, and uses a longer screw than the A1. If I remember right, the CavArms stock comes with a shorter screw.

You can find original A1 types stocks. I recently picked up two of them, but I'm in process of duplicating copies of all the different M16 types used over the years.  If I was just building up a shooter, I'd go with the  CavArms stock.  The originals are much more fragile than current types.  They crack very easily.[:D]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:21:02 AM EDT
[#2]
If you buy a USGI A1 stock you will need the shorter top screw and a longer bottom screw that holds the sling swivel.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#3]
All you'll need is the new stock & upper screw (the stock should come with the butt plate, lower screw & sling swivel).

You can get them used from Fulton Armory or Nortridge International.

You can get NEW A1 type stocks (Made by Cav Arms) in a variety of colors.

Go here for the instructions on how to do the swap: [url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/swapbuttstocksa2fora1.msnw[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top