Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2003 10:08:19 AM EDT
Short question. Who made an AR-15/M-16 bolt carrier with a "J" on the left side? I've got Colt with a "C" and Bushmaster with nothing. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Possibly came from DPMS.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 10:53:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  DPMS used nothing (older stuff) or a "D".

"J" is a military spares contract carrier, but we've never gotten a definitive answer on the contractor that made them.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#3]
While we're on the subject, anyone know who made "A"

thanks,
Dan
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 3:16:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the reply. This is a piece of unanswered trivia that I've wondered about for some time.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is a "J" as well.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I have one that has an "N" on it ideas???

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 4:19:37 AM EDT
[#7]
No news on the J, they've been around on rebuilt rifles and were issued as spare parts years ago. I wish I would have kept the wrapper from one to decipher. Same thing with the N. Also, every N marked carrier I've ever seen was marked in white paint.

Anyway, I did dig up some info on the A marked carriers. These are realitively "new" (last year or so that I've wittnessed) in the system so I'm surprised they are floating around already. They are made by Allied Precision Products Inc. out of Dunedin, FL. They also make A2 compensators, I'm sure they produce other parts as well, I just haven't been able to ascertain how many.

Wpns Man
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 6:31:22 AM EDT
[#8]
As per biggerhammer.net:

Bolt and Bolt Carrier Manufacturer Stampings  
Manufacturers Stamp  Item  Manufacturer  
C Bolt Carrier Colt
M Bolt Carier Global Sales Marines version, as produced by Smith Ent.
MPC Bolt Colt
MPN Bolt  Bushmaster (marked in paint)

N Bolt Carrier Global Sales Navy version, as produced by Smith Ent.
NM Bolt Carrier Global Sales National Match version, as produced by Smith Ent.
Shield and SE Bolt Carrier Smith Ent.

Link Posted: 6/16/2003 8:11:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Wpns Man, thanks for the info!

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top