Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2003 9:37:02 AM EDT
For those that can't wait..

www.boomarms.com/crane_preorder/
I don't know how rugged it is, I especially don't want to put something designed for a toy on a real rifle but it's interesting nevertheless.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 10:35:49 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks great the only difference being the lack of a mold mark on the top of the stock and the

Lack of waterproof battery tubes (that is an issues if you want to store batteries.)

I am trying to figure out which tue it is designed to fit.  (Colt? Bushmaster? Marui airsoft?

Good deal though
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#2]
By the way thanks for letting us know about this (my brother wanted the Crane [like I have]) but he didn't want to pay $525 so he was thinking VLTOR and now maybe he will get one of these.

He wasn't happy about the swiss-cheesed VLTOR product but wanted the cheek weld.

[b]Also those battery tubes may be waterproof but on this stock they appear to be integral rather than removeable tubes as with the original (not a big issue but I don't think it would be too easy to change this to be a near exact copy

The buttpad appears to be checkered more deeply also but the pics aren't huge and clear so it's hard to tell[/b]

I think the Crane was a stupid expenditure but it's kind of neat and I like it.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Greenie I was tempted to buy one and paint the release lever and battery compartment plugs black, but like you I don't know what extension tubes will work with it.  It's fine to put real weapon stock on airsoft but I'm not comfortable about the reverse.  Seeing we spend thousands of dollars on the real deals like ACOGS and KAC products, having a toy part on it just seems incongruous.
I think it's interesting because considering the demand for the real thing, the manufacturers are slow in bringing them to market wheras airsoft parts will be available sooner.  It doesn't take all kinds of R&D to produce them, Crane had already done all the work (I assume).
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If I was going to have just a great cheekweld, I don't know if I would want this Airsoft version. The cheek weld looks like it sticks out too much.

[img]http://www.boomarms.com/crane_preorder/IMG/b9.jpg[/img]

I agree with Duffy, why put toy parts on the real thing.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:20:23 PM EDT
[#5]
While your at it go ahead and mount a Airsoft KAC M4 QD Suppressor I saw a guy had one mounted on an M4 on Ebay the other day,Too Funny.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
incongruous.
View Quote

HUH? WHAT?

At least I understand the part about not wanting to put toy stuff on the real stuff. I agree!
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#7]
lol, inconsistent, out of place [:)]
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Duffy, did your Crane have a pad on it? Mine does and I thought it was factory?
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 8:59:32 PM EDT
[#9]
The rubber pad is a stock option on the crane stock.

If you haven't noticed they say it was designed for either the airsoft or real gun.  the airsoft reciever extention appears to be colt but I am not sure.

I have no problem putting a airsoft part on my real gun if it is sturdy and saves me $440.  My brother used some G&P RAS pannels (they work great and have KAC logos on them).
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I thin the only thing nice about the VLTOR is the battery compartments. They made it worthwhile, otherwise I like the M4 stock.
Link Posted: 6/1/2003 9:20:18 PM EDT
[#11]
First post here on the AR15 board...

The "Tactic Match" stock started as a business proposual in the airsoft supply & equipment field. As the Crane Stock also enjoys a "cool & desirable" status with the help of news and magazine pictures among Airsofters in Asia (Hong Kong , Japan, Taiwan etc.) The major difference ( or perhaps "enhancement" from the airsofter's point of view) between the "Tactic Match" stock and the real deal is the battery compartments on the stock are enlarged to accommondate the rechargable battery (total 3300mAh 9.6 W)for AEGs (Air Electric Gun) and the caps attached directly to the top of the rechargable batteries instead of the water prove plastic cylinders on Crane.

I was informed by the production team of  the "Tactic Match" stock that it will fit a colt tube.

Personally, it is very interesting to see an airsoft product being mentioned here in AR15.com...  [newbie]

ONE SHOT ONE KILL
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:13:30 AM EDT
[#12]
JC, I don't have the stock made for Airsoft, I was doing searches on it to see if I could find more progress and pricing on the Crane licensed manufacturers and stumbled across the Airsoft ones.  I have the Vltor stock and am happy with it, the most important feature missing on the Crane is modularity of the Vltor.  It ships with two kinds of modular attachment (a pair of cheek pads and a pair of battery compartment tubes/pads) but I understand more options are on the way.
Welcome aboard Brickman!  Do you work for the reseller, or are you the reseller?  If so I hope you don't mind I cross linked your pics [;)]  Do you happen to know if the manufacturer plans on making a copy of the Crane stock without Airsoft specific modifications?  Finally, how does the construction, material and durability compare to the real deal?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:08:04 PM EDT
[#13]
The CRANE Stock is made of glass filled composite plastic. From the outside, the finish looks very similar to that on a standard A2 stock.

If the replica is made of ABS plastic, it cannot withstand any strong gun greese/oil and cleaning solvents.

Well, this is a toy replica anyway. It is designed for airsoft toys.
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Personally, it is very interesting to see an airsoft product being mentioned here in AR15.com...  [newbie]

View Quote

Actually, its a sign of the End Times
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#15]

Actually, its a sign of the [b]End Times[/b]
View Quote

[ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually, its a sign of the End Times
View Quote

Yeah, when we start talking about Airsoft on a regular basis, is when we know the Liberals have won. It would truly be [b]End of Days[/b]

ls
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#17]
I think the lack of the tubes is the only thing the stock doesn't have going for it.

It's amazing how close a copy it is. I might buy one or two and if I do I'll wring em out and let you know how they stand up to some use.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:43:59 AM EDT
[#18]
[b]Welcome aboard Brickman! Do you work for the reseller, or are you the reseller? If so I hope you don't mind I cross linked your pics  Do you happen to know if the manufacturer plans on making a copy of the Crane stock without Airsoft specific modifications? Finally, how does the construction, material and durability compare to the real deal? Thanks.[/b]

How do you do Duffy.

I am not a reseller but a close friend of the development team. Actually I were asked to reply to your inquiery about the Colt tube by them. (Better English perhaps?)

About the "Crane-like" replica , it is made of injection molded ABS with almost identical structure. The difference will be consideration for cable placement within the stock. (so the batteries can drive the airsoft electric gun and no wire dangling outside the AEG) How durable it will be? I am also keen to know.

About whether a Crane's replica version is in place... basically no. This product is targeted at Airsoft market, the main reason it takes on the appearance of Crane stock is the concealed battery storage attribute with a "real deal" touch. M4 AEG replica has always suffered from unbalanced weight distribution.[newbie]

ONE SHOT ONE KILL
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 6:40:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks Brick! [brick] [:)]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 7:26:36 AM EDT
[#20]
The pleasure is all mine. [bounce]

ONE SHOT ONE KILL
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

ONE SHOT ONE KILL
View Quote

Shouldn't your sig line be "ONE SHOT ONE STING"???
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:20:08 AM EDT
[#22]
whether it is 6mm BB or 5.56x 45mm, it is about the placement of the projectile that counts... [sniper]

ONE SHOOT ONE KILL
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ONE SHOT ONE KILL
View Quote

Shouldn't your sig line be "ONE SHOT ONE STING"???
View Quote

Now that's funny!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 12:06:38 PM EDT
[#24]
I do know that VLTOR stock fits
Marui Airsoft so it should fit as well.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#25]
hey guys, in general, i wouldn't recommend putting airsoft parts on real guns, especially critical structural components - they may fit, and seem to work, but just aren't constructed to stand up to real steel usage - namely weight, recoil and heat.
at the very least, replace the stock latch pin with a real one.  you don't want that thing shearing off when you're in the middle of shooting your iron with your short eye-relief ACOG and having the stock suddenly collapse.

cheers,
MM
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#26]
MM you're right, I just wish they'd come out with the licensed copies already, what's the damn hold up?[furious]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Beats me what the hold up is, I dunno why they would even bother really, the Magpull Stock is tons better IMHO and from what I see here on the boards, the VLTOR seems to be good as well.

Another note, I got out my old Tokyo Mauri and the real deal Crane stock I have would fit on the tube, just not well, way to loose and sloppy. I am betting that if the airsoft one fits that tube nicely, it would be to tight.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:57:16 AM EDT
[#28]
hey since i have the airsoft one on preorder for my airsoft gun i will let you know how it fits when it shows
Link Posted: 8/13/2003 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#29]
hello. i own an airsoft store where we specialize in building custom airguns with the real parts on them. the tokyo marui stock tube is very close to the colt stock tube, we use them interchangably. the crane stocks fit very well on the tokyo marui stock tube.

i dont think that i would reccomend putting an airsoft stock on a real gun.

also, we sell the vltor stocks and they fit very well on the tokyo marui stock tubes too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top