Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 9:37:47 PM EDT
I have a standard post ban 20" A2 AR and I was wondering if it's (not) a waste of time to add a vertical handgrip or forgrip? It seems the antis want to ban them in 2004 and I might add one before they get banned.

Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one of these on militaryphotos.net in Iraqi Freedom. He had an M16A4 MWS with the KAC forward grip. I think it might be a good idea with iron sights, red dots or ACOG scopes.

As a bonus it might help as a temporary monopod if he is firing in prone with 20 rnd mag to provide some more stability.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I put one on a 20" M16 A4 clone.  I like it, plus I don't feel my RAS is going to waste now...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Adding a forward grip is always a good idea, since it's a stronger stance/position. The oddities of biomechanics...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys. I'll consider it.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Does anyone have some good quality pics of the USMCs M16a4s with RAS/ACOG and foregrips.

I've been looking all over for some good pics of them.

thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top