Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2003 2:15:56 PM EDT
I'm trying to get hold of the Knight's Armament RAS handguard/rail interface system for the M4 carbine. It's going to sit on my Bushmaster XM15-M4 14.5" LEO carbine.
Problem is I live in Norway and most US Knight's dealers won't handle international orders like this.
Is the Knight's regulated in any way (not allowed to be exported?), or is it just lazyness from the dealers?
Getting one from a dealer here in Norway I won't even contemplate. It often takes years before the ordered parts arrive.
Any of you guys have suggestions as to how I can accuire a Knight's RAS?

-jerv
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Jerv,

This is SMGLee, good to see a HKPro member on this board.

You might want to try Wes@MSTN, maybe he can help you.  I know he had some experience with this type of transactions.
[url]www.mstn.biz[/url]

If you are still having problem, e-mail me and I will see what I can do for you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jerv,
This is SMGLee, good to see a HKPro member on this board.
View Quote

Likewise sir, likewise.
I'll try the link or get back to you if things don't work out ;)

-jerv
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:48:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, so it looks like I'm stuck with the old GI handuard then.
There are some alternatives here in Norway/Europe, but they are the free floating type, and requires removal of the gas block. Plus they look like crap in comparison to the Knight's.

-jerv
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 11:55:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Just curious, but does the regulation prohibit any transfer, or just a commercial entity?  Would it fall into the "straw purchase" area for a member to buy one and do a private sale to friend Jerv?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 1:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
I feel your pain [banghead] I got my RAS II just in time, but I coudn't get my PRI gear from MSTN either. They told me that the regulations are kind of shades of dark grey, and they can't risk their business over unclarified legal paperwork. The State department may change their position on this in the futur but no garanties.

However some suppliers may still ship them anyway, since there is some grey to this regulation some may be willing to try anyway <-- hearsay, don't quote me on this, rules are changing all the time.

Dorsai - This is what I found out with some research. As far as I know this regulation applies to the item and not to who exports it. Your custom declaration describes the items, the broker that the courrier uses will most likely not accept it if the 'description' falls into the prohibited item category. However, you are the one who describes the items, but if the package is verified you may be liable (don't know the penalties for this, if any) or at a bare minimum the items would be returned to sender.

IMHO these regulations are a broad attempt at controlling items that could be used against the US. Since thing have changed very fast in the last 2 years, the State department seems to have just "closed" the border on most firearm related item until they have time to evaluate each item for their real potential security threat. (I hope they will re-evaluate this regulation) Just my .02$ [soapbox]

State department if you hear this, GET REAL !!!

Just my honest opinion. Good luck Jerv.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top