Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2003 9:41:31 AM EDT
I've got a bushy 20"a2 upper that I bought from Gunsmoke Ent. about 3 years ago that I had converted to post ban by cutting off the lug and soldering on a fake brake.  I recenty purchased an Oly preban uppper from a coworker for $600 and I'd like to know if it would be cheaper to have someone like Kurt's Kustom or other smith return it to preban config.  I'm assuming that getting the flash suppressor would be pretty easy, just break the weld and twist off but how easy is it to replace the front sight assembly with a pre-ban lugged one?  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:33:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Order a front sight tower from Yankee Hill Machine and send it and your upper to Kurt.  Total cost should run you around $190 for sight tower, Kurt's FS and labor.  I'll have pictures of my converted postban upper on Kurt's board as soon as it returns home.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply.  I could pick up a new Bushmaster 20" GOv't profile preban barrel for like $190 too.  That's probably my best choice to I can have another Chrome lined barrel for my first kit build down the road.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:25:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I definitely didn't save any money by going the route I did.  Oh well, live and learn.  At least I'll finally get to see Kurt's work first hand!

Edited to add: where in VA are you?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm living in Spotsylvania now.  I work in Richmond.  I've been thinking of joining Black Creek in Mechanicsvile (Just east of richmond) but they only have weekday memberships availalbe now. It's like $60 for the year and you can still shoot in weekend matches.  Where are you at?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in Virginia Beach.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top