Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2003 12:16:02 PM EDT
I had my front sight base off and I noticed that the two taper pin holes are almost 1 1/2 inches apart which is exactly how much to long my 16inch barrel is to put on a bayonet.  So I slid the sight base up 1 1/2 inches and installed the front taper pin through the rear hole of the SB.  I took the gas tube off and ran to the range with my new mid lenght single shot.  Windage was real close.  Now I ordered a smith gas block that I am going to try to cut down and instal with just the rear pin (acctualy I think it uses set screws) then I'll set screw the front hole in SB and there ya go.  Semi auto-mid lenght.

I was going to install a Daniel Defense FF tube anyway, now I can just order a midlenght (I think I'll have to cut it down a little) and my project will be done, and for what ever it is worth I'll be able to attach a bayonet to my 16" gun.

I need to get a life.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:46:16 PM EDT
[#1]
What'd you do with the old gas port hole?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm still useing it.  The smith gas block sits over it and directs gas into the gas tuble.  This is just like a dissipator setup.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top