Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 5:51:51 PM EDT
Why are muzzle brakes that are 22mm in dia. for pre-ban rifles and the same muzzle brake in a slightly larger dia., legal for Post ban rifles. Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#1]
22mm allows the use of rifle grenades, hence they are a grenade launcher which is one of the banned features.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the muzzle brake used, in launching a rifle grenade?
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#3]
The NATO standard muzzle device is 22mm so that a NATO standard rifle grenade can be slipped over the muzzle.

Some require blanks, others use a bullet trap, and can be fired by live rounds.  All just slip over the muzzle if it's got a NATO standard 22mm muzzle device.

Basically, you slip the grenade over the muzzle, switch to a high pressure blank round if your grenade design requires it, sight, and fire the rifle to launch the grenade.  Pretty basic stuff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:53:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
22mm allows the use of rifle grenades, hence they are a grenade launcher which is one of the banned features.
View Quote

That's right and if you have a postban gun you can't launch the cheap rifle grenades Wal-Mart red tags after hunting season. Damn, the lefties make us safer.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 6:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's right and if you have a postban gun you can't launch the cheap rifle grenades Wal-Mart red tags after hunting season. Damn, the lefties make us safer.
View Quote

Yeah, I picked up a palette of those at Sam's Club.  I was so bummed that I can't use them on my postban.  [>(]
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 9:47:17 PM EDT
[#7]
You can buy dummy grenades at some army surplus stores, still looking for blanks for my yugo sks first.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 10:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually, dummy grenades might be kind of fun - if anti-climatic...  I might look into getting some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top