Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 7:31:12 PM EDT
  I just bought 3 full length Knight's panels and was surprised they were not made out of aluminum, but more like a polymer or plastic.
  The panels have Knight's name and Vero Beach on them, but I never knew they made them other than the aluminum.
  Anyone know anything about them and are they as good as the aluminum ones?   I paid $24.95 each for these and I expected them to be the real deal.
Thanks for any info.
JD
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:38:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have several and all are plastic or poly not sure? I never saw the aluminum type I think that Knights makes them out of plastic so one can possibly cut them down in the future. I heard that is what is done at the factory for rails that are smaller than 11 rib,,no fear they will work out fine,,,
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#2]
  Thanks for your response!  I had thought I read where they were made out of aluminum, but I could be mistaken.   I like them and I'm sure they're strong enough, but I was curious about if they were made out of aluminum as well.
Thanks again!
JD
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had RIS/RAS panels for several years - never seen or heard of one made out of aluminum - it would have kinda defeated the purpose...
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
If they were aluminum they would burn the flesh off your hand.  The guide rails molded into the rails are aluminum however.  If the rails are just polymer too then I would assume it to be an airsoft piece although I have never seen an airsoft RAS panel so I cant say what the difference is.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:29:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Our handguard panels have always been a polymer material--never aluminum.
Sounds like you over-paid a bit, however.
Beware of fakes that are impossible to identify, like the ones coming in from Japan on toy guns.  We had a Miami officer return his "RAS" because he could not get it on his Colt M4.  Reason was it was a "RAS look-a-like" from Japan that had been removed from a toy gun.
The toy RAS lacked the interface surfaces necessary to go on a real gun, but the panels had our name on them and looked 100% right, having our Name, etc., molded into them.
I have also see accessory "toy" Forard Pistol Grips that looked exactly like ours as well.
ClodBlue sends...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top