Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 12:34:03 PM EDT
I have 2 Colt lowers. One is marked HBAR and the other Competition HBAR. Both triggers are the worst. They don't compare to RRA, Bushmaster or J&T kits built on ASA lowers. The Colts feel like they have sand in them. What is the big deal about it being Colt?
Should I sell these Colt lowers and get some BM or RRA?  What am I missing here?

Link Posted: 5/16/2003 12:52:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Send them to me and I will happily send you two ASA lowers in return.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll see your two ASA's and raise you a Hesse. Are the Colt's pre or postban? Since I'm not a Colt collector, I don't recognize the models instantly. The only Colt that I have is 20 years old and a definite preban. The hammer/sear engagement surfaces are thinly surface hardened; however, a skillfull, competent, coordinated person can LIGHTLY stone the engagement surfaces to smooth them up and greatly improve the feel.Do not change any angles or round any edges. A fast and safer try would be to clean everything in that area very thoroughly with cleaning solvent, wipe dry and check for any improvments.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#3]
  I've got 2 Colt pre-bans and I replaced their triggers with 2 stage Armalites and they're super!   I've got a Match Grade M1A and the triggers on my Colt's are every bit as good as the M1A and it's as good as you can get for a Service competition Rifle.
  There are a lot of different triggers available that will give you a trigger as good as a bolt match rifle.
  Knight's Armament triggers, JP Enterprise, Jewel Triggers, Armalite Match triggers, Milazzo Triggers, Compass Lake Eng.,etc.
  The triggers are pretty easy to install and you would be doing yourself a huge favor in buying any one of those triggers I mentioned.
Good luck!
JD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top