Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/16/2003 7:50:10 AM EDT
I getting ready to put together a new pre-ban upper with all the trimmings and I was just wondering how much it's all going to weigh in the end.

Here's what I'm looking at getting.

Bushy 16" M4 upper
ARMS #40 BUIS
ARMS #50
EOTech 552
Surefire M900a or Dieter CQD Foregrip with a Surefire 962SU.
Vlotor Carbine Modstock

How much does your AR weigh?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Just wanted your input on a couple of your equipment selections but overall it looks like your gonna have quite a nice set up (and expensive too)

Why the Bushmaster 16" barrel instead of the Bushmaster milspec 14.5" barrel?  The Bushmaster milspec would allow better terminal performance and fragemtning range with appropriate ammo.

Why the Vltor stock over the Magpul stock?  I dont see the Vltor offering any advantages the M93 does not have or have coming however I see several advantages to the Magpul stock.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#2]
This might help ya somewhat: [url]http://groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/weightinformation.msnw[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Great info, Mike.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:35:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Great info, Mike.  Thanks.
View Quote

Don't thank me, [b]thank Forest[/b], as I believe he is partly responsible for the majority of the fine info at Maryland AR-15 Shooters site....., no slight intended to others who have contributed there, it's a great resource.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 9:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
DevL,

I went with the 16" barrel because 99% of my shooting will be with m193 and M855 mil-spec ammo.  My SHTF ammo supply is also M193 so I feel the 1/9 twist would suit me better since it's optimized for those bullets.  I may try the heavier stuff every now and then and I under stand may be able to go up to the 75gr but I don't know how often I would even shoot those rounds.  

The other reason I went with the 16" is because I rather have the threaded flash suppressor than a welded or pinned one.  I like to be able to change it when I want.  I feel this gives me more options especially if I can get that sound suppressor I've been thinking of. [;)]

Also, I hope my wife not reading this, having the 1/9 will give me a new excuse to buy another upper next year with a 1/7 barrel. Heh, heh, heh...[}:)]

Regarding the Vltor, I chose it because I like the battery compartments, modular setup and it looks to be the best bang for the buck in the stock line up.  Now, I've only gone by the reviews I've read here so I've not tried the M93 but I really don't see where it does more then the  Vltor for the amount of money it costs.  Like I said I'm still getting my parts together so I may still change my mind...[:D]

mr_wilson,

Thanks for the links to the weight charts!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top