Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2003 2:26:27 PM EDT

Got an email from Brownells today on their new products.  

Interesting:

Mfr: GLEND ARMS

Enlarges Magazine Well For Faster Reloads

Oversized, aluminum mag well drops on for quick reloads in tactical and competition situations. Radiused cuts correspond with grooves on factory magazine opening for drop-on installation; no modifications to your gun. Anodized finish resists marring.

SPECS: Aluminum, black, matte finish. 3-19/64" (8.4cm) long, 1¾" (4.5cm) wide, 5/8" (16mm) tall. Instructions included.

350-000-004
Tactical Mag Well   $79.95

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17628&s=41766#41766

Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Started seeing these around... sort of looks like a solution to a non-existent problem, but I'll bet they sell a boat-load to all the gear heads... [;)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Whatever will they come up with next?
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:10:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe for competition but for a combat gun I wouldn't bother (I've never had trouble finding the mag well under stress).
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Y'all remember the guy that sells the tape thingie that covers the shell deflector? [:D]
A solution in search of a problem, this sure is too.  The mag well already has that feature designed into the weapon, something like this would be good for FNC rifles.
I wonder about the "sight protectors" too, saw one on an M1A and laughed my ass off, didn't think anyone would be tricked into buying them.  Combat weapons are toughened and protected as much as they need to be, I really fail to grasp the purpose of such things.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Actually, I saw quite a few sight protectors at Camp Perry last year...
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#6]
:O
I wonder why... Do these rifles have match sights or something>
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:45:40 PM EDT
[#7]
80 BUCKS!

GOD ALMIGHTY!

Too bad there is probably a patent on that stupid little thing, CavArms folks could turn those out on the cheep if they made them out of their synthetic injection molding.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
80 BUCKS!  GOD ALMIGHTY!
View Quote

Couldn't have said it better myself [;)]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Ive had one of the ARREDONDO mag wells for a few months now. I use my AR in 3-gun matches and it works very well for quick mag changes. Its half the price as the other one and its prob. a larger opening. [url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=17177[/url]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11232[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top