Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/5/2003 6:09:02 PM EDT
Do the new production M4 collapsable stocks have identifying marks on them ?
I have an older style stock that had the marking on the right side and I bought a new what I think is a new Colt M4 stock but it has no markings on it. It slide fine on my old tube. I heard that non Colt stocks aren't interchangable. Thanks in advance for any help.

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#1]
There is no marking on new style Colt stock.

Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:39:33 PM EDT
[#2]
  There are no markings on the new Colt's buttstock, but if it fits your original tube, it's the real deal.   The RRA and BM stocks aren't Mil-Spec and won't fit on a Colt's tube.
  I have the earlier Colt's Fiberlite stock and I bought 2 of the newer Colt's stocks and I like them a lot.
JD
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 7:55:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
  There are no markings on the new Colt's buttstock, but if it fits your original tube, it's the real deal.   The RRA and BM stocks aren't Mil-Spec and won't fit on a Colt's tube.
  I have the earlier Colt's Fiberlite stock and I bought 2 of the newer Colt's stocks and I like them a lot.
JD
View Quote

Actually, thats backwards.The Colt receiver extension is smaller diameter than the RRA/BM (the same). A RRA/BM stock will fit on a Colt tube, but a Colt stock will NOT fit on a RRA/BM tube.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:06:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top