Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2003 11:55:37 AM EDT
I don't have a multitool - yet and have never had reason to remove the stock. Until now.

How do I remove it without a tool?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 11:58:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I take it this is a telestock?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.. sorry. Just a standard A2 stock.
Does it come out by the screws in the buttplate or the ring at the receiver?
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Just the upper screw in the buttstock.

I recommend downloading the -23 and read Chapter 3 - full instructions with pictures.

[url]http://www.mcdl.org/Manuals/Manuals/Maintenance/TM9-1005-319-23.pdf[/url]
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#4]
What Forest said.  Just remove the upper screw.  The lower screw holds in the trapdoor and sling attachment.

Are you also needing to remove the buffer and buffer tube (also called the receiver extension)?  Why are you removing the stock?  Putting on a new one?

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#5]
No & yes. Removing the A2 stock, installing an A1 stock - I don't really need to remove the buffer/spring assembly.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
just the upper screw, but the stock holds pressure on the rear take-down pin detent spring. So when you slide off the stock, be watching for the spring. Also the A1 stock uses a shorter top screw, and doe not use the receiver extension spacer.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:14:57 AM EDT
[#7]
The shorter screw is critical.  If you shorten your old screw inspect inside the lower receive extension to ensure the screw doesn't stick thru the hole, it'll damage the buffer and can cause stoppages.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:48:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Yikes!

Glad I asked before I went and shot it. I went home Friday and swapped them out. The A1 went on with the A2 screw just fine - but I have not shot it. I guess I will take it back apart.

Where can I get a shorter screw without altering the longer one? I want to keep that to be able to use the longer stock.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Jeff or John at [url]www.cmmginc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Fulton Armory also carries them
[url]http://www.fulton-armory.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top