Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2003 1:30:58 PM EDT
Giving thought to purchasing some Rock River lowers.

Best price I have seen is $220 for the regular lowers and $310 with the NM trigger.

How is the regular trigger in the Rock River rifles?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive got 2 Rock rivers,,,,,Uh really only 1 1/2....My RRA M4 has the two stage and the lower i built for a 9mm carbine had the reg. trigger,If i hadnt used the two stage first id say go with the reg. trigger but...I belive the 2 stage is worth 90$ difference...Very crisp 2nd stage, about 4 pounds or so.......UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 6:35:23 PM EDT
[#2]
After 50rds my RRA 2 stage trigger became a single stage.  Apparently a few others have had the same problems.  I swapped out the springs with a set of reduced power springs and that seems to solve the problems for now, I'll find out how that will hold out on my next range trip.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I didn't like the RRA match 2 stage trigger.  For me it was not an improvement over the standard parts.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Get a Jewell, you will not be dissapointed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:15:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Rock River with the standard trigger.  The majority of my previous rifle shooting experience has been with an Anshutz 1451, so it seems extremely heavy by comparison, but it does break cleanly.  For target shooting I would definitely prefer a two-stage - for close-range, aderenaline-pumping shooting, I don't think it would make much of a difference.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 10:07:14 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had great luck with the RRA NM 2 Stage Trigger.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 10:13:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Their single stage is good.  Their 2 stage is world's better.  A RRA 2 stage tuned by Hollinger is a gem.

YMMV.....
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 10:37:49 PM EDT
[#8]
The only two-stage trigger I'd even consider is JEWELL. Buy the best first, you won't regret it.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:41:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Why would you not even consider a Knight's if you dont mind my asking?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 3:51:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm also looking for a trigger ... what's a Knight's?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Knight's Armament 2 stage trigger, best two-stage trigger made
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen!  I guess that is why I have three of them.  DevL, the one I got from you is presently in my SPR.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#13]
As far as triggers go, if you like a two stage design, go with the Jewell. You can get a crisp pull of about 30 oz.
If you prefer a single stage, go with a Jard. I have mine set at 24 oz.
Both are available from Midway.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:06:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Amen!  I guess that is why I have three of them.  DevL, the one I got from you is presently in my SPR.
View Quote

I'll third that opinion.  I started w/an Accuracy Speaks single stage in my SPR clone. I tried a couple of RR 2 stages, and while they aren't bad for the $$, they were not what I wanted in this rifle.  I have a Holliger modified one on order, but no idea when that will get here.  I found a lightly used KAC in the EE, and boy is it sweet.  I will be off to the range to try it tomorrow, but until then it is just dry fire heaven in the basement [;)].
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 8:05:26 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't find 'em on Knight's website ... when I search "triggers" it comes up with the complete Stoner carbine.

Anybody know where on the web I can check these triggers out?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:02:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Here is another post:

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=12&t=144801&w=searchPop[/url]

This place sells them:  [url=http://www.highpowerrifle.com/Stoner.htm]High Power Rifle[/url]

Some of the vendors here carry them - try Sable Co. for one.

HTH

Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:11:50 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Gonna have to agree with DevL here too. I have one in my Bushy and it is superior to any other two stage I have tried. And I have tried just about all of them.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:55:18 AM EDT
[#18]
$300 is a lot of money for a trigger. Not even the Jewell costs that much. Does anyone out there sell them cheaper than that?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:19:36 PM EDT
[#19]
I have both the RRA and the Jewell(on my Les) triggers.  The more I shoot the RRA, the more I like it.  I like it even better than the more expensive Jewell.  However, if you want one adjustable, get the Jewell.  I have no experience with the Knights, but everything Reed(greed) Knight makes is so expensive, I shy away from his stuff.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 12:38:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
$300 is a lot of money for a trigger. Not even the Jewell costs that much. Does anyone out there sell them cheaper than that?
View Quote

I bought mine from SAICO who was selling them here a couple years ago for about $170, slightly less than a Jewell.

$300 would be a little hard to swallow.

Quoted:
I have no experience with the Knights, but everything Reed(greed) Knight makes is so expensive, I shy away from his stuff.
View Quote

As much as I love the Knight's, I do have to wonder about the high price. The trigger is an off the shelf M16A2 trigger, leaving only the remaining three parts (hammer/sear/disconnector) to be manufactured.

I only wish they would start manufacture for the large pin Colts.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:56:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Sableco is selling them for $250 and MSTN and Highpowerriflesmith.com sell them for $275.  $300 is way too much IMHO.

These triggers are adjusted and set with loctite at the factory and have a special cheater pin to aid installation.  If you have a small punch you can install this trigger in literally 2 minutes if you know what you are doing and 5 minutes if its your first time.  It comes with 2 springs a 3.5# spring which I prefer and a 4.5# spring.  It will not disappoint if you buy it.  I have never heard of a failure EVER in civilian practcice, competition or military use.  Its like magic.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:41:03 PM EDT
[#22]
For those members who are interested in seeing what is involved with installing a KAC trigger and seeing how it functions, or for those members who already own one and want an electronic copy of the manual, I have created a PDF version of the Technical Manual I received with my trigger.

The manual consists of 22 pages and the resulting file size is 1.8MB and can be read with Adobe Acrobat 3.0+.

Note that my manual was a photocopy so quality is not quite 100%.

[url=server1.ripplehost.com/~rh682/KAC-Two-Stage-Trigger.pdf]Click Here to Download KAC Trigger PDF Manual[/url]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 5:51:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
For those members who are interested in seeing what is involved with installing a KAC trigger and seeing how it functions, or for those members who already own one and want an electronic copy of the manual, I have created a PDF version of the Technical Manual I received with my trigger.

The manual consists of 22 pages and the resulting file size is 1.8MB and can be read with Adobe Acrobat 3.0+.

Note that my manual was a photocopy so quality is not quite 100%.

[url=server1.ripplehost.com/~rh682/KAC-Two-Stage-Trigger.pdf]Click Here to Download KAC Trigger PDF Manual[/url]
View Quote

Thanks - that is much more informative than the 1 page instruction sheet that came with my trigger.  Now to be sure I got the disconnector spring in right..
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
As much as I love the Knight's, I do have to wonder about the high price. The trigger is an off the shelf M16A2 trigger, leaving only the remaining three parts (hammer/sear/disconnector) to be manufactured.
View Quote

Time for this KAC shill to chime in.  Got 3 KAC semi 2-stage match triggers, though there are some decent alternative triggers at a lower cost.  However, for my M16, I didn't see anything else out there.  The KAC M16 trigger is phenomenal in both semi and F/A.  We can debate triggers on the semi's, but there is no other game in town for M16's as far as I know.

Expensive - you bet!  However, everytime I feel that trigger, a smile creeps across my face.  I will never regret having got the best.  Anything else now would always stir misgivings in me.  If you can, wait and save up the extra scratch to pony up for one.

I must admit, however, that for my cheap parts gun project I am completing - I got a RRA match trigger, a compromise as I was trying to put this rifle together as cheaply as possible, but not to the point of a crappy trigger.

Edited to say: Maynard, sorry for twisting your thread and not answering your original question.  IMO, RRA are fine, especially for the money.  I put them in the middle of the pack as far as desirability.  If you are going all out, or really want the best of triggers, consider some of the others mentioned here.  The RRA trigger is far better than the stock trigger and will please you, better than even some other match triggers, but that is splitting hairs.  It's worth getting unless you can get something even better but more expensive.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm pretty sure the JP triggers will work with M16s (FA) too.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 4:45:59 PM EDT
[#26]
First, I want to apologize to Maynard for participating in the hijacking of his thread, which was about RRA triggers.

But I'm impressed by all this love for KAC triggers, and I want one, price be damned. It's a lifetime investment for me, and therefore not something I'll "bargain hunt" for. I want the best, and it has to be for SHTF-spec as well.

DevL, AK_Mike, still there? Is the installation really that easy for a first timer? I have tools, and am pretty mechanically inclined, I've just never messed with triggers before. I'm not above having it "factory" done, but I'd really rather do it myself just for the learning experience.

Link Posted: 5/12/2003 5:22:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
DevL, AK_Mike, still there? Is the installation really that easy for a first timer? I have tools, and am pretty mechanically inclined, I've just never messed with triggers before. I'm not above having it "factory" done, but I'd really rather do it myself just for the learning experience.

View Quote

It really is that easy - ten minutes tops, another ten if you take it out and try the other disconnector spring.

Looks like we really did hijack this thread [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top