Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2003 11:12:54 AM EDT
Shipped from OLY last Thursday evening and still is not here. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. Messin' with mah plans!
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 1:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
same boat here, ordered a rra upper from sableco, been about 4 weeks, they said 4-5 so hoepfully it will be here any day now, im getting impactient
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 2:45:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Markbo --

Whata bet it didn't ship?  Or shipped this week?

The UPS tracking number will tell you where it is.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I know your pain, Armalite broke it off in me a week or so back. Said they'd shipped my upper and charged my CC. Wrote back one week after they said it shipped to be told 2-3 more weeks. I ordered the upper from them on 02/26/03.

MM419
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 3:23:53 PM EDT
[#4]
hope it gets there soon
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 5:48:01 PM EDT
[#5]
waiting on 9mm RRA upper.....RRA said they are out of Wilson barrels........
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 7:37:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Get  this I call Rock River around first part FEB
Spoke to them. To get price upper A4.. They never called with  my price.. (I bought them before)
Well today they call Saying my upper done 25 Apr 03
I bought Fulton 1 Week later I had it 21 FEB 03

Bushy told me 45 day on upper

Armlite up to 180 on upper

RRA 30-45 on upper , me Just took little longer

OLY Order one wait one week call them told no A4
upper just A2 I canel order told me 45 day A4
upper

This was around 5-15 FEB 03

Link Posted: 4/28/2003 7:28:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Now this is funny. I Emailed them and said I had to have the tracking number right away (they were outto lunch so calling was useless) because I was leaving for the day Friday.

Of course I didn't get it until after 5PM my time. Tracked it this morning first thing with UPS and they cannot track that number.

*sigh* Man... if you don't have it just say so. I don't want to jump to conclusions yet, but...
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 11:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Check the format on the number, if I remember right, there should be spaces in there. I'm not sure where they all go.

Mark
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 7:34:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Well what do you know? Just when I was about to pick up the phone my FFL called me. It arrived yesterday!

What a beauty! Very nice finish, machining and fit. Very snug fit onto my Colt lower. Nice, tight fit in the bolt & carrier assembly. Nice recessed crown. I am very happy with the quality so far.

I must have run 30 patches through that thing though... is this normal on a new barrel? I have never had to do that much on any other rifle that I remember. I didn't want to run any brushes yet... I want to break it in right. But man, I thought I was going to run out of patches there for a while!

Very light coat of oil and everything went together great. Now I just have to throw a scope on it until I figure out what kind of optics, forend, etc I want to put on it.

I foresee a trip to the range soon!
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 11:05:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Every Oly barrel I have seen had a lot of black grit.  I think it is residue of the coating process.  Just clean it before shooting.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 12:44:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Just ordered a kit from bush master last friday they said it would be about 3 weeks before they ship.  Yesterday Thursday(6 days after order) I got an e-mail saying they just shipped it and the scheduled delivery date is this comming wendsday.   Worked out better than I thought.

-William
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 7:29:40 AM EDT
[#12]

SSDiver,

What exactly did you order from Bushmaster?  I have been waiting on a 16" pre-ban M4 barrel for 7 weeks now...[:(]

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 2:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Yojimbo, I ordered mine last week from Bushy and was told it would be 6-8 weeks,it shipped today.  Hopefully yours did also.  Turn around time from Bushy is great.  I've never waited more than a couple weeks for anything.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:04:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Penrod,

I hope so, how did you know it shipped?  I'll have to check with my gunsmith and see if he got any shipping notification on my order.

Link Posted: 5/2/2003 3:16:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Yojimbo, called Bushy (twice).  First time was to change the order and was told it was already shipped.  Second time was to verify that it had indeed been shipped and when.  Guy I talked to said the barrel guys were workin' over to get 'em out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#16]
A friend of mine has had almost $2000.00 worth of uppers ordered from RRA since 03 March. Has got about three or four lines of BS on the status of these. The orig.del.time was said to be about four or five weeks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:09:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Penrod,

I forgot to ask you if your order was for a M4 upper or barrel?  Have you actually received it yet?

BTW I emailed my gunsmith this morning so hopefully I should know my order status tomorrow morning.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

SSDiver,

What exactly did you order from Bushmaster?  I have been waiting on a 16" pre-ban M4 barrel for 7 weeks now...[:(]

View Quote

Sorry it took me soooooo long to replay (trip to Nevada for the weekend).  I ordered their "kit" with a Pre-ban A3 20" upper, & A2 stock.  I recieved an e-mail from UPS in Bushmasters name saying the package has been shipped and should arrive on the 8th.  I have followed the tracking number and the packege has transferred a few times, so I KNOW it has been in fact shipped.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 8:32:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Yojimbo, I ordered a complete M4 upper with AK break.  It arrived today and it the tits.  got yours yet?
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 7:29:57 AM EDT
[#20]

No, not yet!  I just got an email from my gunsmith and he said Bushmaster has received about 600 barrels, the complete rifles have priority so he's checking to see where my order is...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top