Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2003 5:23:40 PM EDT
Anyone have / shot a bushmaster 25th anniversary?  Your thoughts.  Worth the money?  accuracy?  
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 6:40:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Just last week I got to handle one of these at a local store.  I know nothing about the way they shoot.  The gun did feel good and it looked nice.

However, for the price its going for, I could have something put together that really excited me.  I'm not into Bushmasters like some people are though.  

Just my 2 cents....
Scott
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one, They shoot great.  If you are willing to spend that much cash on a postban gun its actually a very good deal.  You should be able to get one for $1500.00 easily, and If you sit down with the Bushy Catalog and figure out how much it would cost to build that rifle buying all the parts seperate its well worth it.

Great value, and It might be a good investment.

What happend to my old Username, do you guys cancel them if you dont login for a certain amount of time?

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 10:02:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Iagree with  REELESTATE  You can't build one any cheaper.  And the thing is Sooooooo good looking (IMHO) I have mine on lay-away right now. Price in Michigan $1260. Seems to be a good buy to me as I see some are being sold for $1500  I'm betting on it being a good investment??  If not,  It's still a great looker and shooter.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I got mine for 1350, I love it. There is a tad bit wobble between lower and upper though I'm not sure if thats standard with all AR's. I'm gonna get one of those special pins to tighten it up. I've gone to the range twice with it, can't say how accurate is since I'm not the best shooter in the world yet [:)]
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Do not worry about the slack. Most ARs have this. It does not affect accuracy. The pins and wedges that tighten things up serve only to give the gun a  (better) feel.  This info is from Armalite's web site under Tecnical notes.

Jay
Link Posted: 5/1/2003 7:12:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There is a tad bit wobble between lower and upper though I'm not sure if thats standard with all AR's. I'm gonna get one of those special pins to tighten it up.
View Quote

Why?

It won't affect the accuracy 1 iota, but it might make the gun tougher to open.

Why bother?  It's just a perception thing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2003 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Love my 25th ann. carbine...shoots great (based on the 2 other AR15's I have owned).

Here is a pic.:
[url]http://urbansniper.150m.com/armory/b25_10.JPG[/url]
[url]http://urbansniper.150m.com/armory/b25_07.JPG[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:31:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats the weight of the anniversary edition carbine?
I read on a thread somewhere that Bushmaster is going to offer it as part of their regular line later this year without the nickel plating which I don't find so attractive.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 3:36:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Unicron....what did you wrap your stock with....is that parachute cord...whatever it is, it looks good....better than the foam or whatever it is that comes on it.....also noticed you removed the buttpad...was it too long?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top