Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2003 7:32:31 AM EDT
I came across a very nice Essential Arms lower that is a light gray. I don't want to refinish it black. Anyone know which manufacturer has the closest preban M4 upper to match?
Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#1]
You need a M16-grey receiver.  Colt's would be the first choice.  I have Colt's M4, M16A1, and M16A2 receivers which look very nice on Essential Arms lowers.

Upper receiver need not be pre-ban (made before 13 Sep 94).  There are no "pre" or "post" ban features on it.  

Look in the equipment exchange, even the "sold" ads to get an idea of what's typically available.

-- Chuck
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 9:29:18 AM EDT
[#2]
You might not be able to even find a 16 upper to match the color of an EA, EA's are usually a very light grey and the maj of 16 uppers are a med grey. Having the lower refinished is your best bet if you wan't to match it up with a new M4 upper color wise ....
Link Posted: 4/17/2003 1:03:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I put Brownells dark grey Aluma-Hyde II on my A1 upper and it matched my EA lower almost perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a E.A. lower and a colt 20" A1 upper it matches perfect
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:04:29 PM EDT
[#5]
has anyone used PermaSlik to redo the finish on an upper?  Its a nice grey color
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top