Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2003 6:10:37 AM EDT
Well it has been 39 days, and UPS still has no clue where the three magpull MSS stocks, extra buffer/body tube, and a few magpulls went.

It left the Orange Country Convnetion Center on the 17th of Feb.  After being dropped off at the UPS drop center at the Kinko's in the Convention Center on the 15th.

Since the pick up they have no record of what happened (I guess it got up and walked away?).  They have agreed to trace the package twice - and as of today offered to do so again (WTF)

TIGHTEST SHIP IN THE SHIPPING BUSINESS MY ASS.

Anyway if anyone comes across someone selling the MAGPULL Stocks could you let me know...

I am sure with the limited #'s out there - It would be easy to check with Richard and verify the legitimate owners.

-Kevin

Link Posted: 3/28/2003 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Kevin;

This should get posted in the General Forum as well as the Florida and Gun Show Forums. Jacksonville is a major hub for UPS and you may have some luck getting a supervisor on the phone over there...in fact, some of the Jax guys from the NFDCC may be able to make a local call for you if you ask. (New AR Guy, etc.)
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 7:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I am sure with the limited #'s out there - It would be easy to check with Richard and verify the legitimate owners.-Kevin
View Quote

Kevin,
I'm so sorry to read about this matter , I wish you'll be able to get back yr MSS soon,
PP out
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Tracking number?

Insurance?
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 12:41:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Kevin, I'll let New-arguy know, and we'll keep our eyes and ears pealed here in Jax.
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#6]
3 MAGPULL STOCKS
1 Buffer/STock Tube (the extra one you gave me - for fitting etc.)
9 Magpulls. 4 green/black 5 Tan

Richard - I don't expect you to replace them - that is UPS's job.

Guys,

Neil knows and he and others in Fla are looking.

Here is a quote from UPS.

'Dear Kevin,

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. Our tracking system indicates that the last physical scan on this shipment was on February 17th, at 19:54. As such, we would like to submit a trace request on your behalf. This will allow UPS the opportunity to investigate the location of your package.

Please provide all of the following (for each package):

Shipper information:
- Company name
- Contact name
- Telephone number
- Complete address

Consignee information:
- Company name
- Contact name
- Telephone number
- Complete address

Shipment information:
- Weight of the goods
- Dimensions of the package(s)
- Value of the goods
- P.O. or invoice number
- Complete & detailed description of the goods (size, brand, color, model number, etc)
- Tracking number
Thank you for using UPS Canada Internet Services.'

Since this has been sent before, I get the impression UPS does not want to admit some of their employees steal - or they are incompetent in record keeping of tracing.  Maybe Both

-Kevin

Link Posted: 3/28/2003 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Please, please, please do let any of us know what we can do to help about this. I have no doubt someone swiped that crap and is selling it off at gun shows. Orlando has some big ones. If we can find out who is selling them and see if they have any connections to UPS, we will get to the bottom of this. I have a couple of Orlando guys who are regulars at FDCC. I will see if I can get them to go to local gun shows and look for these stocks. Kev, I imagine you are pretty pissed. Heck, I am pretty friggin pissed and they are not even mine.
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 9:47:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Kev, please check this out. I tacked it in the FL area of the board. If you want me to change it or delete it or whatever, just IM me and I will. I'm just trying to think of ways to help. If you think this is less help than it is helpful, just say so. I have no problems axing the thread.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=10&t=168843[/url]
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 9:49:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Neil,

Yeah, I am pretty choked - thieves don't really impress me at the best of times - more so when they steal my kit.

The real shitty thing is (if it can get worse) Is my buddy Rob took one home in his suitcase (well his wife's suitcase really) and the one I sent directly to the base along with a ARMS#35, and Aimpoint M2 and ARMS#22M68, plus a few other thing made it fine.

But I have done a deal with Koldt for one - and ended up having to give him the one I had earmarked for my work gun.  Plus two guys had been planning on using them in the UAE (guarding an airfield so our Army can do nothign again - but that is another story...)

SO as a result I am without while two of my buddies get to run around and play...

Did I mention I hate thieves....................[pissed]
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 3:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]
UPS is a thrill a minute.  Last time they shipped something for me it was a highend scoped rifle that they used for a stepping stool.  They ended up paying a $1500 insurance claim.  If you can get your stuff before UPS damages it, steals it, or loses it, you're lucky.  All one need do is take a tour of one of their sorting and shipping facilities....enough said.  I sincerely hope you get your stuff.  Sounds like someone knew what they were stealing.  They should have their teeth kicked out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2003 4:38:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Neil - thanks.

And thanks to the rest of you as well.

BTW tracking # 4568 2286 043
for those who want to follow the saga...

Take Care guys

-Kevin

The items in question
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=7259[/img]

And one of my buddies with the stock that went to Koldt's gun [img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=8101[/img]

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I just purchased an experimental MSS off of ebay from "The Tactical Solution".  I have not paypaled for it yet.  Purchased it before I read this post.  If it turns out to be one of your stolen stocks, I will gladly do whatever is required.  Magpul, could you coment if this company is selling legitimate stocks, or if this could be one of Kevin's stolen stocks?
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
compuvette,

He is legit - he bought the last few stocks from Richard.

Thank you for your concern.

-Kevin
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:28:42 AM EDT
[#14]
I think the one you bought was a legit one, I mentioned the Ebay stock last week and Magpul and the seller both said it was legit.  UPS blows I worked for them for 13 years and the the new employees remind me of the German army at the end of the war, scraping the bottom of the bucket for bodies.  All of their lower tier supervisors are underpaid and retarded, a bad combination.  Sorry if I offended any retards by comparing you with UPS.  
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 3:24:24 PM EDT
[#15]

[b]I really hope you get your stocks back and I don't think that the following applys to you at all (it is for the people who lose guns in UPS)

I think insurance people will always give you crap at first- itss practically their job - keep it up and they will cave and reimburse you but I would reccomend that you give them a phone call people ignore e-mail a lot[/b]

I have sent a lot of packages through UPS and I really don't think they are that bad (but I do know people are carnal so:

When I send rifles I ship them to Johns (instead of John's Gun Shop) I try to package small so it looks less worth stealing (like and Aimpoint Comp in a 5x7x11 inch box)

[b] I think this is the reason why a lot of the items get lost when a felon working for UPS sees a package going to the local gun shop or any gunshop he might steal it.

If at all possible I avoid putting the red MUST BE 21 TAPE on the box as it just flags the package[/b]

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I just purchased an experimental MSS off of ebay from "The Tactical Solution".  I have not paypaled for it yet.  Purchased it before I read this post.  If it turns out to be one of your stolen stocks, I will gladly do whatever is required.  Magpul, could you coment if this company is selling legitimate stocks, or if this could be one of Kevin's stolen stocks?
View Quote

The stocks aren't stolen. I know because I own the company. Thanks for your purchase! [:)]

I hate to say it, but I doubt your stocks ever show up Kevin. In any case, good luck in getting them back or at least getting your money out of UPS.

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:48:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The stocks aren't stolen. I know because I own the company. Thanks for your purchase! [:)]

I hate to say it, but I doubt your stocks ever show up Kevin. In any case, good luck in getting them back or at least getting your money out of UPS.

View Quote

Oh....  Oops!  Didn't know you were a poster on ARFCOM!  P.S.  I will be paypaling on Monday, if that is O.K.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#18]
PONYBOY

Unfortunately I think you are right...

Shipped or Billed on:   17 Feb 2003  

Tracking Number:    4568 2286 043  
Service Type:   WORLDWIDE SERVICES

PACKAGE PROGRESS
Date   Time   Location   Activity
17 Feb 2003    19:54    ORLANDO, FL, US    PICKUP SCAN

Tracking results provided by UPS: 27 Apr 2003 20:32 Eastern Time
View Quote

Calling seems to have the same results as emailing...
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Calling seems to have the same results as emailing...
View Quote

I'd just call and let them know that they are collectors items and that the replacement cost is rising every day. Did you ship the stocks to yourself? Otherwise it's gonna be a pain in the ass because the claim has to be initiated and is refunded to the shipper.

Whenever I ship UPS I make sure that I insure it for the cost of the package plus the cost of my time should I have to go through the hassle of a lost package claim. To date they've never lost anything that I've shipped but I've had two shipments that never made it to me.

[b]compuvette...no problem at all. Depending on the time you PayPal the stock will either go out Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. Thanks again![/b]
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I'll keep a look out to see if I find any MSS stocks on Fab-10's out here in the PRK besides me. [nono] I love this stock, and I would be really pissed if someone stole mine. I'll do what I can.

Austin
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 1:13:13 AM EDT
[#21]
[url]http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2172268594&category=588[/url]

LOL!! I was just about to finger "The tactical solution" again.

Note to self: read whole thread before posting.

Link Posted: 4/29/2003 1:59:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

LOL!! I was just about to finger "The tactical solution" again.

View Quote

All of the stolen ones that we had are long gone. We paid for the ones that we're selling now. [:)]
Link Posted: 4/29/2003 2:10:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Well, USPS lost a new magazine for my AR that was shipped from Texas priority April 7th. AND...Fedex lost a roll of fabric that my company uses that was valued at over $5000!!!! It just never showed up. Last scanned at a warehouse in California. So...my point is, they all suck. GOOD LUCK!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Kevin, looks like deja-vu all over again.  Just called UPS as MY Magpul did not get delivered as well.  Is there some kind of conspiracy?
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:18:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Kevin, looks like deja-vu all over again.  Just called UPS as MY Magpul did not get delivered as well.  Is there some kind of conspiracy?
View Quote

Yep, I just got off the phone with them a few minutes ago to give them information so that they can identify the stock if they find it. What a bunch of dumbasses....
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:50:13 AM EDT
[#26]
That sucks...

Well just so you know - they have not yet come to any sort of agreement (or even contacted me reference this) to pay for the loss.

I hope you have better luck

-Kevin
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:16:22 AM EDT
[#27]
I talked to them about that and they said that they will continue to look for it and that it might take up to 8 days. After that they will pay up on the insurance.

Besides, if it comes down to it I have a sibling attorney that writes me free nasty "Pay Me Now" letters. [:)]
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:39:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Guess what was on my front porch when I got home from work today.....  The box had a note on it that the barcode had gotten torn off.  None the less, it made it.  Looks great mounted up, too!  Also, while I have the ears of the informed, is this thing post-ban approved?  I have it on a Bushy pre-ban now, but I would love to move it over to one of my posties.  And good luck, Kevin!
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 4:41:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Guess what was on my front porch when I got home from work today.....  The box had a note on it that the barcode had gotten torn off.  None the less, it made it.  Looks great mounted up, too!  Also, while I have the ears of the informed, is this thing post-ban approved?  I have it on a Bushy pre-ban now, but I would love to move it over to one of my posties.  And good luck, Kevin!
View Quote

Josh,

Glad to hear that it showed up! Thanks again.

Michael

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top