Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2003 4:03:11 PM EDT
Is it just the upper that's different or is  the lower lower different than a standard 5.56 AR. I have an opportunity to buy a preban Colt in 7.62 for a good price but probably would sell the upper and switch to 5.56 if possible.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 4:22:46 PM EDT
[#1]
All that's different is the bolt and barrel. And mags of course.

I had a 7.62x39 setup. It's nice. A bit more recoil, but great for deer hunting. Only downside is the mags. Good mags are getting scarce. Your best bet is a "frankenmag", an AK magazine with an AR mag attached to the top. THey work pretty good.
Link Posted: 1/11/2003 9:03:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have an opportunity to buy a preban Colt in 7.62 for a good price but probably would sell the upper and switch to 5.56 if possible.
View Quote

Yep, it's possible [BD]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top