Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2003 7:05:41 PM EDT
Ok..what's the secret because I just about went nuts putting on and taking off a set!?

Once the entire leaf spring popped out. Drove me nuts getting it back on!

Good Shooting
RED
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
If you really are talking about the panels vice the entire RAS...

You should be able to just depress the leaf spring and slide the panel off the rails.  The leaf spring just catches on a rail to hold the panel in place.

Mine come on/off reasonably easily.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Duh...I didn't think of trying that. No instructions were included with the panels and I never thought to press down.

Thanks for the tip!
Red
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:35:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad to help!
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:44:52 PM EDT
[#4]
DOH! [img]http://forums.iroczone.com/images/smiles/pat.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 9:05:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Don't feel bad - I did the same thing myself at first...
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:41:44 AM EDT
[#6]
The first time I brought my AR with RAS to my unit M16 range, was the first time anyone had ever seen it, except for my buddy, an SFC that had just come from 101st Airborne Division.

As he mentioned that they had the RAS in the 101st, I slid a panel off to show the railing to the soldiers gathered around.  He laughed, and explained how they were told NOT to remove the panels, and weren't even instructed on HOW to remove them.  Needless to say, they didn't attach any accessories.

Don't worry, he was in a Signal unit, NOT infantry.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top