Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 7:40:05 PM EDT
Anyone know if they ever made A1 handguards in Carbine length, the size for a Bushmaster Shorty 16" and where I could get them if they did make em?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I got a pair from CMMG.
If you're anywhere near the Quad Cities, you could certainly take a look at mine...I haven't built a new carbine to put them on, yet.
Sluggo
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 8:01:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I can't find any on CMMG's site, do they carry them and not put em on the page?  
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#3]
You mean like this?

This is a standard A1 handguard cut down and using a new end cap ($10 plus S&H) from Ken Drasen at Hay River Trading. [email protected]
(715)357-6054

Installation of the new cap requires front sight removal. It also means that you need to cut down a set of A1 handguards or get some from Ken. If you decide to cut your own, ask Ken about the quick handguard hacking tips. There's a couple of gotchas.

[img]http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/TonyK/Commandosmall.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:17:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Ya that is what I meant, I was just wondering if there were any factory made ones. I don't think I want to go through the trouble of getting that.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Other than some experimental carbines shorty triangular handguards were not a common item.  The XM177/E1/E2 submachineguns had the same round handguards we associate with carbines today.

These make interesting variations, or course.

The photo is sure a mix of parts!  C77 Upper with teardrop forward assist, M16A1 lower with M16A2 pistol grip, some sort of pad on the butt, and those short triangular handguards over a short barrel.

That's one of the benefits of this system, you can mix and match parts as you please without messing up the basic design and functionality.

-- Chuck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top