User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2003 9:15:26 AM EDT
is it safe to buy a preban
from say sweden???
or would you be crazy
to do this?

Link Posted: 1/6/2003 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#1]
I could be wrong on this but, I believe as long as the assualt weapons ban is in effect/active, that importation of a weapon defined as an assualt weapon (ie...pre-ban) would be illegal.

Mike  
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
is it safe to buy a preban
from say sweden???
or would you be crazy
to do this?
View Quote

You'd have to Form 6 it and it would be denied.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 6:33:16 PM EDT
[#3]
How about buying parts from overseas, I saw an Russian AK-74 stock set on Ebay, Only thing that prevented me from bidding on it was that it would be shipped from the Russian republic. Is it legal to have stuff like that mailed into the country without having to get any special permits?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:50:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I am a GI in Germany, and have written the ATF about this. The short answer is no. Regardless of the country of manufacture, the weapon still must meet import regs. A preban AR is an assault weapon. Assault weapon is non importable. I had a fellow GI offer to sell me a pre-ban M-4orgery on a Colt Gov't carbine lower for $800 (we can reimport assault weapons that we brought here). Could not bring it back though.

Also, to my knowledge, Sweden doesnt allow military style guns. But Finland and Norway do.:)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top