Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2003 12:18:29 AM EDT
I'm thinking of investing in a Metacraft 24" Upper this year. Anyone have any experience with this vendor?

Any feedback appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 8:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
He put a JP trigger and hammer in my Colt lower last year and built me two pre-ban uppers with 16" SUM 1-10" barrels last month.  One was a flat-top with an Armalite FF tube over his own gas block, the other a flat-top with a SIR-M and a PRI front sight.  Both look great and both are shooters.  He does great work with very quick turn-around.  His prices are good too.
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 2:41:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/7/2003 3:14:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a couple uppers with Kreiger 20" Medium Bull, Armalite fiberglass tube and Jewell 2 stage installed in the lower.
Barry is very flexible and stands behind his work 200%. I once supplied a lower and the front pin tabs were too large (Colt). He ground them down and refinished them just to make everything work. Prices were right, service and quality just fantastic - plain quality all around. By the way, his gas blocks are nice and fit under tube handguards.
Link Posted: 1/8/2003 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#4]
3 for 3! Sounds great so far. I checked out his website the other day, and I liked what I saw. It looks like I'll have to throw some business his way in the upcoming months.

Thanks for the input, gentlemen, I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 7:38:36 PM EDT
[#5]
i had Barry build a Krieger upper a couple years ago. with proper reloads, it shot sub 1/2 MOA 5 shot groups and that was with a factory trigger group (sux!!!). like a fool, i sold it. i just sent him a JT flattop upper to be rebarrelled with a 22" med bull Krieger barrel. this will be my varmint gun :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top